Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local police pullover their first Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who works for a small city in Minnesota. One of the police officers pulled over their first Tesla for speeding.
It was a running bet in the department to see who would stop and tag their first Tesla for speeding. It was a big deal.

Ok, have you been pulled over for speeding? Or, have you been pulled over for no good reason?
Any details you would be willing to share...pictures?

The only time I was pulled over was when I was driving well under the speed limit (to extend range) - on my first long-distance trip - and pulled me over only because I was missing my front license plate.

Instead of coming over to the driver's door - the officer asked to roll down the passenger window - and was so far into the car, his feet must have been off the ground - looking around inside the car.

And then only wrote me a warning...

Recently I was driving through a neighborhood with a connection to a nearby toll road - where the local police often set up to write speeding tickets. One police car passed me as I was entering the neighborhood. When I got to the section where they normally set up - two police cars passed me driving very, very, very slowly going the opposite direction - taking a very, very long look at my car.

Evidently they both were trying to figure out what I was driving...

That's a shame. Tesla Motors sells a paint kit that is radar-absorbent. Apparently, all you need to do is apply the paint to the front of all the radar detectors. When applied properly, it is 100% effective. It also works for situations where the cops try to pace you. Just paint it on their windows. If law enforcement obeys the laws, the squad cars won't even leave the station. Be sure to check local laws before applying, though.

Seriously, a town law enforcement group seemed to think this was the sort of thing to make bets on? Always outward. I wonder if they bet about anything inward, like the first officer to get stabbed, shot, radar equipment vandalized by speeders...

Moderators: if this is Lauderdale, MN, please merge the thread with the one in Midwest/Great Lakes.

I simply could not imagine my car insurance rates going up, so I drive conservatively and avoid getting ticketed for any infraction. I can't imagine what has happened to some people's insurance rates after having gotten one or more speeding tickets in this car. I have three vehicles insured under my name, imagine what a speeding ticket (or two) would do to my yearly insurance costs. It's not worth the momentary thrill. Not in a million years.