Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locating Amplifier in Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

I have been unsuccessfully searching for the better part of the day for amplifier mounting options and respective ground points to use. I understand there are 3 locations to put the Amplifier, however, there are concerns for each location:

1) In the Frunk cubby:
Most installations seem to reference this location, but recent posts have suggested it is a bad spot due to Tesla annual service needing to access this location. Also, getting RCA's through the firewall grommet looks like a royal pain.

2) In the Factory HF amplifier location:
This location would be ideal for those of us without the HF sound package, but it is limited to small amplifiers, so few people can consider this location.

3) In the cabin of the car (preferably the trunk):
This is where some recent posts suggest the amplifier be mounted, but I can find NO posts or installs that show Amplifiers mounted in this location. This would make it so only a single wire needs to go through the firewall as well.

Considering going with Option 3, but am struggling to search for an adequate grounding location. Has anyone mounted an Amplifier in the trunk yet, and if so, where did you find a good ground location? Any suggestions on securing the amp to the car?

Thanks!

I got the aftermarket amp sub kit and installed amp in lower drivers back corner adjacent to the trunk cubby hole. There is a ground right there under the carpet just behind the rear driver's well hump. I will look for their too.