Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location address

Bgs133

Jul 29, 2019
PA
When my car is parked in my driveway, and I open the location app, I can see the blue dot is spot on my location. However, it shows my neighbors address. I am 133, they are 131.
I can't find a way to enter my correct address.

jeffbco

Jun 7, 2020
Austin, TX
When my car is parked in my driveway, and I open the location app, I can see the blue dot is spot on my location. However, it shows my neighbors address. I am 133, they are 131.
Other than OCD tendancies why does that make a difference?

Dec 26, 2019
CA
Are you saying that the address is not correct on the car’s navigation? If so, I had had that same problem and it screwed things up with Sentry and recording at home. To fix this, go to Google maps on your computer, type in your address, and then suggest a correction. When I did this, it took them about a day, but now my address shows up in the correct spot in Google maps and my Tesla’s navigation.

Reactions: Bgs133

philw1776

Jul 18, 2020
Seacoast, NH

Another "feature" from Google maps like the wrong speed limits all over the place here in NH making cruise control mostly problematical. Mine shows the address of a house on a different road over 100 yards away although as with yours the picture points to my actual house.

Reactions: Bgs133

philw1776

Jul 18, 2020
Seacoast, NH
Are you saying that the address is not correct on the car’s navigation? If so, I had had that same problem and it screwed things up with Sentry and recording at home. To fix this, go to Google maps on your computer, type in your address, and then suggest a correction. When I did this, it took them about a day, but now my address shows up in the correct spot in Google maps and my Tesla’s navigation.

Google says they'll email once reviewed but over a week later no email

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC