Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sarasota, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by today as well and here are some additional pics. Looks like 4 completed pedestals, 12 partially completed, and 4 to still be worked on. Area was repaved with new parking lines painted and bumpers installed.

IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7088.jpg
IMG_7089.jpg
IMG_7090.jpg
IMG_7091.jpg
IMG_7092.jpg
IMG_7094.jpg
IMG_7095.jpg

One of our club members provided these photos to me this morning. It appears to me that there will be two sets of 5 Supercharger cabinets located at each end of the line of 15 charging spaces.

Sarasota Superchargers 2.jpg

I believe that these 5 Supercharger cabinets are located on a grassly area at the entrance to the parking lot.

Sarasota Superchargers 3.jpg

I believe that the cabinets off in the distance are the other 5 Supercharging cabinets at the other end of the parking lot. There will be 15 charging stalls to the left of the photo and 5 more in an "L" shape to the right of the photo. As you probably know you need 10 Supercharger cabinets to power 20 charging terminals.

Larry

Went by today as well and here are some additional pics. Looks like 4 completed pedestals, 12 partially completed, and 4 to still be worked on. Area was repaved with new parking lines painted and bumpers installed.
Hi AJ,

Thanks for the great photos. Your photos confirm what I was saying regarding the location of the Supercharger cabinets. Your first photo importantly shows the switchgear and utility power transformer located at the other side of the parking lot entrance opposite the 5 Supercharger cabinets on the right side of the entrance.

Larry

Last edited:
Quick Update: All pedestals are up. About 6 electricians working on the transformer/FPL hookup this afternoon. Additional worker digging holes for the Tesla parking signs. Shouldn't be too long before operational pending local inspections. May try to take a few pics this weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Quick Update: All pedestals are up. About 6 electricians working on the transformer/FPL hookup this afternoon. Additional worker digging holes for the Tesla parking signs. Shouldn't be too long before operational pending local inspections. May try to take a few pics this weekend.
Hi AJ.

Thanks again for keeping us posted.

As soon as I know that this Supercharger Station is operational, I am going to organize a local club meet-up and diner event at a private room at the Stonewood Grill & Tavern located directly across University Parkway from the station.

Larry

Sarasota has always been good for public charging locations. The St Pete location is really great for those folks south of there as I-275 is invariably the easiest route to Tampa airport.
Hi Nigel,

Yes, in addition both Sarasota and St. Petersburg along with Orlando, are the only three Florida cities to support a community-wide goal of achieving 100 percent renewable energy by 2045. Sarasota also joined a list of municipalities opting to abide by the Paris climate accord.

Sarasota is looking more sustainable after City Commission meeting

Larry

Reactions: ajfus
Sarasota has always been good for public charging locations. The St Pete location is really great for those folks south of there as I-275 is invariably the easiest route to Tampa airport.

I totally agree! There are a boat load of Tesla owners in that general area. It was always a pleasure dropping off your car when I was working for Tesla.

I drove by there this Sunday 8/14 afternoon. The utility meter is in place and the transformer is humming. Pedestals are not yet labeled so not sure if that fourth one is 2B or not 2B. I'm sure this detail will Shake out soon. (First post. I'll get better with the pics.)
Thanks for the update and welcome to the forums.

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Last edited:
We will be 5 minutes from this site tomorrow, if nobody else does before me I'll stop by and check progress. Really wish it was live, could use it this weekend on our Sarasota trip.

Note that the UTC mall just down the road has a number of public chargers and the Tesla store has been accommodating to allow visitors in need use of the destination chargers. There are also high amp Tesla destination chargers at several hotels/locations in Sarasota as well as numerous public chargepoints.

Feel free to contact myself or @Larry Chanin if you need help finding somewhere to plug in, I think we know most if not all of the charger locations around here.