Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping in a model 3 with a 2 year old cockapoo meandering through continental Europe would be

• proof OP employs tesla accessory purchases as way of staving off terrifying existential questions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm gonna follow my bliss* through continental Europe.

I don't know whether this will actually happen but I like the *idea* of being able to sleep in my car. I know that I'm meant to find places that will allow me to sleep but let's just say - hypothetically - for the sake of argument - by the by - that I do pull over and want some privacy.**

I've seen the TesMat privacy screen. and I feel like it's a pain to put up*** but more importantly I think having it up you may as well have a neon sign on your car saying "someone is sleeping in this car," or, if parked in a cul de sac somewhere on the outskirts of Bruges on a cloudy thursday night "someone is trying to get away with sleeping in this car"

I was thinking**** a better solution might be a cover. Like this one from tessories

CleanShot 2022-05-29 at 11.29.41@2x.jpeg

The thing about this is that not only does it give the car a look of utter despair but it also seems to have a hole for the ventilation. *****

However when I made an enquiry

CleanShot 2022-05-29 at 11.31.54@2x.png

I was told

CleanShot 2022-05-29 at 11.32.06@2x.png

Which is not terribly helpful. So who knows. I mean. Are there are other intake places that I need for camp mode?

IDEALLY

What I *really* want is some sort of cover that has a gap/transparent portion for the sunroof.

@Medved_77 's mum actually fashioned privacy screens from lycra so I'm hoping I'll be able to convince her to make me one with the gap in it. Obviously this isn't a short term solution though given I'd need to spend years slowly to know @Medved_77 and then becoming a casual acquaintance mum of @Medved_77 and then - this is now six or seven years down the line - popping the question about the custom lycra sunroof. Also pretty weird thing to do if I'm honest.

So; what do I need to do to a cover to allow it to do camp mode; I saw a video of some guy showing how he does it and him actually getting into the car under the flap but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks everyone.

James

* drive
** Not a fantastic way of phrasing it tbh. I mean sleep. Nothing else.
*** I've watched people putting it up
**** thinking about these things is what gets me through the day. That and waiting for Aliexpress parcels from China.
***** "you can buy with confidence because it ships from Birmingham" what does this EVEN MEAN?

You can find some ideas from the folowing thread:

Note: Some of the Amazon links doesn't work anymore, but found new links, see below (Amazon.com US):

BASENOR Tesla Model Y Sunshade Side Windows Rear Windshield Sun Shades Reflective Covers Sunproof UV Rays and Privacy Protection Set of 7

Ovege Car Side Window Sun Shade Car Curtain Pleated Silky Suction Magnetic (Black-Opaque, Front Seat 2pcs)

ZATOOTO Car Side Window Shades - Black 2 Pcs Privacy Magnetic Blinds Curtains - Sun Shades Blackout Window Covers for Family Baby Sleeping Camping Accessories

QuikSnap