Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location settings for Sentry Mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I've been looking for answers but can't seem to find exact solutions so I'm hoping you guys can help...

With regards to Sentry mode, I have it set to OFF for Home, and I am hoping to set it the same way for Work as well. However, since my office is located in a business park with a unit number, it is difficult to set the exact location using address in the Nav, and have Sentry recognize it. Is there a way to save my parking spot (for example) as a Work location, and have Sentry recognize it accordingly? Just got the car a few days ago and been trying to play with the Nav and other settings and some of them aren't very intuitive...

Thanks!

Hello all, I've been looking for answers but can't seem to find exact solutions so I'm hoping you guys can help...

With regards to Sentry mode, I have it set to OFF for Home, and I am hoping to set it the same way for Work as well. However, since my office is located in a business park with a unit number, it is difficult to set the exact location using address in the Nav, and have Sentry recognize it. Is there a way to save my parking spot (for example) as a Work location, and have Sentry recognize it accordingly? Just got the car a few days ago and been trying to play with the Nav and other settings and some of them aren't very intuitive...

Thanks!
When you get to parking Spot, try touching the Navigation screen and it should have a pop up to mark as favorite. You can exclude Favorites from Sentry Mode. If you don't want to exclude that, maybe set your Parking space marker as Work. (have not tried that)

Reactions: PeteOC
When you get to parking Spot, try touching the Navigation screen and it should have a pop up to mark as favorite. You can exclude Favorites from Sentry Mode. If you don't want to exclude that, maybe set your Parking space marker as Work. (have not tried that)
Is that how it works? I saw a reddit thread about it. I saw someone post that it only has Home and Work on the Y. I chimed in saying that I just watched a video where someone had done the Home, Work & Favorite. However, when I rewatched the video it definitely shows the auto-gear slider that the new MX and MS have on the left side of screen. Weird to let them have this feature and not MY or M3 I thought. I don't have my MY yet to confirm, can you confirm that your MY shows Home, Work & Favorites for Sentry exclusions?

Link to timestamp for the video:

Reactions: PeteOC
Is that how it works? I saw a reddit thread about it. I saw someone post that it only has Home and Work on the Y. I chimed in saying that I just watched a video where someone had done the Home, Work & Favorite. However, when I rewatched the video it definitely shows the auto-gear slider that the new MX and MS have on the left side of screen. Weird to let them have this feature and not MY or M3 I thought. I don't have my MY yet to confirm, can you confirm that your MY shows Home, Work & Favorites for Sentry exclusions?

Link to timestamp for the video:
I can confirm it does have all 3. Tomorrow, I will take a picture

TeslaSentrySetUp6.jpg

Not my photo, but mine looks pretty much just like this, and my software is not even the latest version, so I can also confirm that it includes all three options for Sentry.

Thanks BGOwner for the tip. I used it and it works great!