Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

lock model3 2021 when sitting inside waiting for car to charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Can I lock my long range model3 2021 when I am sitting inside waiting for car to charge. I was sitting in lorry park at 4am on my own wondering!
Yes, using the Padlock icon top of the screen, or your phone app.
20220213_221851.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Onething to mind about locking the car with a passenger without a key...they get blasted with deafening Sentry alarm if they open the door or make enough commotion inside that triggers the alarm.
True -- if... the screen is off. If the passenger keeps the screen awake (tap the screen within a few seconds, if it turns off), it ought to keep Sentry passive/inactive, I would... think? Never thought to try it that way, but on the very rare occasions I've had a passenger left in the car, they just kept the screen on and played with it. Excellent use for Arcade/Theater stuff.

I would think that if the driver's in the car / key is present, but locked, then even with Sentry enabled (by default when away from home I think), it would not have the Sentry interior sensitivity enabled. But that's definitely not guaranteed 😂

I had it happen once to my passenger. I exited the car with my phone key and went to pick up food but it took longer than expected.
My front seat passenger opened their door and the horn and music blasted non-stop for what felt like 2 minutes. Does anyone know how to stop the honking and blasting music when it happens ?

I had it happen once to my passenger. I exited the car with my phone key and went to pick up food but it took longer than expected.
My front seat passenger opened their door and the horn and music blasted non-stop for what felt like 2 minutes. Does anyone know how to stop the honking and blasting music when it happens ?
Turn off Sentry Mode and/or leave the key card with your passenger.

Scramble to open the Tesla app and smash the "unlock" button to stop it.