Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked in car [did not use manual release on door]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I got in my car, shut the door, put my foot on the brake and went to put it in reverse. I felt a weird pulsing on the brake. Then nothing. No screen, no power, no nothing. It wasn't an issue of rebooting.

It was 95 degrees out, black leather interior and direct sunlight in South Florida. I was burning up. Doors would not open, the phone app would not work, key fob was in correct spot and nothing. Panic began to set in. Of course good luck trying to use the app to get help when you are burning up and panicking. I called 911 and fire department came. Every second seemed like an hour.

They casually walked around the car, while my brain was now on fire, asking me to do stupid things like put the key fob on the dash board. Really? just get me out! They finally broke the back window, I had to crawl to the back seat and avoid glass pieces and they pulled me out. I am furious with Tesla. This has been a complaint by so many and they do nothing.

Why is there not an emergency door opener. I could have died and would have if they took any longer. Thank God I had a charged cell phone, because no one would have seen me out in the parking lot burning up inside.

What is wrong with this company? Seriously? Why do they ignore this issue when people have died not being able to get out? It took another 4 hours for a tow truck to come and get they car. He attempt to jump the battery to no avail and finally towed it. Pure nonsense for a prestigious brand. I loved this car until lately.

The car had an issue 5 months ago saying "Car may not restart take it to dealer ASAP". Well, they claim to have put a whole new battery pack in, but did they? Why did my car just shut down and almost kill me? The firemen discovered that I could have crawled into the back, pulled the seats down and crawled through the trunk and pulled the emergency lever to pop the trunk.

Good to know now and please remember this when it happens to you. At 59 years old, I don't know how much crawling through a sweltering car I could have done, but had I known, and no help had arrived, it would have been an option. 1st thing all Tesla owners should do is buy a glass punch. No other way out and Tesla does not care. I want out of this car and this brand as soon as I can find a car with the range and the price point. Please be careful if you own this car or please reconsider if you are thinking of buying.

(moderator note:
added spacing to improve readability. No other changes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh. There is a mechanical door release in the front I believe.
1620788335357.png

I hope that this was a joke. Most guests in my car find the emergency release long before they figure out the “open” button. I’ve taken to explaining it to anyone new in my car so they don’t pull the emergency release. It happened again just last week. If OP was serious, then this is an Emily Litella moment.

That's awful. You called the fire department and smashed a window because you didn't bother to read the manual. Or even look at the door of your car.
Sorry it died, that truly does suck. But don't get all hysterical about how you could have died just because you didn't use the door handle.

There is no excuse for the OP not knowing about the manual door release, yet calling authorities to break them out of the car. There is ZERO chance that BOTH front manual door releases were broken, so the OP was never trapped. I also find the ranting about "I could have died" and "why do they ignore this issue" as a post designed to incite.

Either the OP is deliberately trying to incite, or had no idea there was a manual door release, called authorities, had them break into the car, then searched for a tesla message board to join, TODAY, to complain about the issue. One of those two things.

============================
(moderator note: Editing thread title because the OP was not trapped, they just did not use the manual door release. The thread title is misleading without the addendum)

There is no excuse for the OP not knowing about the manual door release, yet calling authorities to break them out of the car. There is ZERO chance that BOTH front manual door releases were broken, so the OP was never trapped.

============================
(moderator note: Editing thread title because the OP was not trapped, they just did not use the manual door release)
Short seller? Tbh I'd like to see the NASDAQ fall a bit, so continue on.

• Funny
Reactions: chrstna4
Status
Not open for further replies.