Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked in Valet mode :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a bit of a problem!

I recently bought a Model S with a battery pack issue and repaired it, car now fully functional with no errors.

It's 'unsupported' by Tesla and running old 2018 V8.1 firmware so the app doesn't work.

I accidentally put it in valet mode while refitting the MCU and I don't know the PIN code.

Anyone know what I can do to disable Valet Mode please? At the moment I think the only options is to try every code, I'm up to 0550, only 9449 to go!

I did the same thing and found two ways to do it. 1. take the car to service center along with your purchase paperwork + a small fee and they will unlock it for you. 2. submit your sale paperwork to have the car added to your tesla account and once it appears in your app you will be able to disable valet mode from the app. I did number 1 as number 2 still took a couple days to get access to the car in the app.

I had the same issue with my last car. Put it into valet mode without knowing it. Had just bought the car and paperwork was locked in glovebox. Bruteforce was my only option really. Surprisingly Tesla didn't have a limit of tries. I thought it would lock after XX failed attempts. Sat in the car for about 45 minutes trying 0000, 0001, 0002 etc. 2648 was the code. I still remember it three years later. This was with V8.1 I believe, so you should be good to just start typing numbers in. Good luck!

Reactions: evfeh
I had the same issue with my last car. Put it into valet mode without knowing it. Had just bought the car and paperwork was locked in glovebox. Bruteforce was my only option really. Surprisingly Tesla didn't have a limit of tries. I thought it would lock after XX failed attempts. Sat in the car for about 45 minutes trying 0000, 0001, 0002 etc. 2648 was the code. I still remember it three years later. This was with V8.1 I believe, so you should be good to just start typing numbers in. Good luck!

The code was 1716! Took an hour or so to find :)

Now you both need to change them cuz everyone knows now! :)