Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked out of my Tesla account - Multi Factor Authorisation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help!

I recently enabled Multi Factor Authorisation and shortly afterwards damaged my mobile phone. I sent the phone for repair enabling 'maintenance mode' before posting. This mode should have protected my apps and passwords but unfortunately the service centre reset my phone to factory settings including my authoriser app. Worse still the screenshot I had taken with the emergency back up codes was also gone and had not been saved in my 'cloud'.

There is no facility on the website to rectify this and so I tried to call the service centre. After waiting on the call for over an hour I gave up. I emailed one of the Tesla reps who handled my purchase and he helpfully passed my query onto the Tesla accounts email address. I received a 'we are busy' auto response but that was almost two weeks ago .

I am locked out of my account and cannot pair my mobile phone with my car.

Is there any other avenue I can try to resolve this issue?

Since the 2nd factor i
An update.

I've been passed on to Owner Experience Support and have got a incident ticket raised.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will keep you all updated.

Thanks for the support

Good luck! This is, however frustrating, exactly how MFA is supposed to work. No token? No access. So...take solace that no one else is able to get to your car!

Reactions: CDN-Build
Since the 2nd factor i

Good luck! This is, however frustrating, exactly how MFA is supposed to work. No token? No access. So...take solace that no one else is able to get to your car!
You're right and it just acts as a good reminder to others to record and store safely your emergency access codes if you enable MFA.

Once I'm let back in to my account I will definitely be re initialising MFA.

Lesson learned

You're right and it just acts as a good reminder to others to record and store safely your emergency access codes if you enable MFA.

Once I'm let back in to my account I will definitely be re initialising MFA.

Lesson learned
I print a picture of the QR code and have it in a safe. When I go to the bank I update my safe deposit box.

Authy authenticator will keep all the tokens encrypted and stored if you remember the master password. Of course this is putting trust in someone else.

Reactions: Mickeyflea