Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking car from the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have occassionally have left my fob in the car by accident and locked the car remotely.

This happened again yesterday but I noticed that even though the app showed the door as locked it actually unlocked when I touched the handle.

Anyone else have this happen to them? From what I can see, locking the car from the app has no effect if the fob is in the vehicle.

I would agree with you but the problem I am having is that the app is reporting that the door is locked.

As soon as I touch the handle the car unlocks so it was never locked in the first place.

Either way it is a bug. Just trying to figure out what the bug actually is. Also wont be using this feature again.

BUT, did you have your phone with you? How did you lock it "Remotely"?

Fob was in the car. (Left in there by accident)

I go grab a coffee and realize that I left my fob in the car

Using the app I lock my car and the app shows the car is locked

At this point if anyone touches the handle it will present and the door can be open. So based on that the car is not locked but the app is showing that it is.

I dont know about the previous responses in this thread that said it was not possible to lock the car with the FOB inside;
The other day- I pulled into Supercharger- jumped out to plug in- with my phone, FOB, and doggy inside- and the door closed and locked-;
I had to borrow a fellow Tesla Family car to call Roadside assistance to remote unlock.

THE CAR WILL LOCK WITH YOUR KEY FOB INSIDE-

I changed the settings on my car to not auto lock....-

Reactions: Sorabh
I dont know about the previous responses in this thread that said it was not possible to lock the car with the FOB inside;
The other day- I pulled into Supercharger- jumped out to plug in- with my phone, FOB, and doggy inside- and the door closed and locked-;
I had to borrow a fellow Tesla Family car to call Roadside assistance to remote unlock.

THE CAR WILL LOCK WITH YOUR KEY FOB INSIDE-

I changed the settings on my car to not auto lock....-

I think that is enough to set up a support ticket. I'll reach out and see what Tesla says.

Thanks for your post.

Reactions: BBCA