Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking problem and solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the car on Friday and everything is working great, BUT we had trouble that the car would not lock. It seemed to lock but didn't. When we pushed the top 1 time to lock the car, we got flashing lights but the door handles did not retract. After leaving the car, eventually the handles retracted, but it was not locked. This was troubling. Then today when we went to Costco, after taking bags out of the trunk I pressed the lock button and Voila it locked. But when I got home after taking things out of the car, it wouldn't properly lock or retract the handles. So now the solution, after calling TM. If this happens, some opening, (door or trunk) is not completely closed. After checking and firmly closing all doors and the trunk the locking worked like it was supposed to. One Blink of the lights, and the handles retracted. I don't have tech pkg, so they don't auto present with FOB as approach. All is now well in the TESLA world for us.