Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking the Driving Mode for other drivers to Chill only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IS the a way that I can lock the driving mode to Chill only for other drivers? I do not like other drivers to be able to use the performance and ludicrous modes when they use my car. Especially for valet or tires shop or my teenage children..
That will be nice to have if Tesla have a software upgrade that have a PIN code to use this 2 modes.

Valet mode limits the max. power output. This is esentially the same as chill driving mode. Speed limit mode can prevent the car from going any speed faster than 50mph. You can turn both of these on at the same time and pin lock them.

Can i set it other than Valet mode? What do you mean by max power output? What setting do I have on min power mode? But the acceleration will still be the same as performance mode, right. The reason, I ask is I have not install the app yet and not get delivery of the car yet.

Valet mode is the only way to limit the power output. Take a look at the energy graph in these two pics. The first lets the car have a maximum power output of 400+kW. This is standard driving in my P100D. In valet mode, that number drops to around 110 kW. Meaning it will cap the power output when you floor it, effectively diminishing the overal acceleration by about 60%. If you don’t want your teenagers going wild, don’t get the ludicrous upgrade!
08B3CCD4-F53D-4A80-9032-6E4EEE9DAD6B.jpeg
1FEA349C-2928-4923-8E1E-815010D0C5EB.jpeg

If you limit the speed, the car is also put into chill mode, which effectively cuts acceleration in half. So you could set the top speed to something like 100 mph and it wouldn't affect the drivability on freeways, but the power would keep your kid from potentially loosing control of the car due to acceleration.

Reactions: frank-datank
Both screen looks the same to me.

On the right hand side of the pictures, there's a line that curves around the graph of energy use.

You can see that in the first picture the line is solid to 400kW.
In the second picture (VALET mode) the line is dashed from a bit over 100kW to 400kW.

The dashed line says that the power isn't currently available.

The car is for me but my kid wants to drive it too.

"No". ;)