Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking wheel nuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to check the new model 3 comes with locking wheel nuts?
It's standard on all cars these days but thought it was worth checking as I don't fancy getting stranded because someone steals my wheels!
Thanks

None are supplied, but if you really want them they are quite cheap to add after delivery. I agree that it does seem odd that virtually every UK car with alloy wheels includes them.
Perhaps this isn’t the norm with USA cars?

You can buy them but it's pointless.. you can get the tool to remove them on eBay for about a tenner. If someone really wants your wheels it isn't going to stop them (they'll probably just take the entire car to be honest).

Hopefully now changed, but apparently (I will find the link - placeholder My "No Spare Tire" Kit) the company that made these for Tesla rushed the design and all key combinations were (are?) identical!

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
I understand the idea that they can be easily defeated, but AFAIK every other car manufacturer deems them worthy enough to fit, so why not Tesla?

They won’t stop a determined (and organised) wheel thief, but they might just stop an opportunist.

I understand the idea that they can be easily defeated, but AFAIK every other car manufacturer deems them worthy enough to fit, so why not Tesla?

They won’t stop a determined (and organised) wheel thief, but they might just stop an opportunist.
An opportunist that just happens to have a jack, a spanner, and a van to take away the stolen tyres, but doesn’t have an industry standard nut adapter?

• Funny
Reactions: Tony Hoyle
Any idea where I can get any black lug nuts for the 19" Model S wheels?
I am picking my car up on Tuesday however I am having the silver wheels resprayed black and want matching lugs. Do I need lugs or can I just get covers for them and if so does anyone know if they come in different sizes?