Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking with FOB and walk away Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y. When not using my iPhone but using the FOB, with Walk Away and Lock engaged, with Notifications ON for unlocked windows and doors, with AutoFold Mirrors ON and with Horn notification ON, when I walk away I do not hear the horn, see the mirrors fold, and I also do not receive a Notification that the car has not been locked. Upon return to the car I merely open the door handle and do not have to use the FOB along with window pillar. Any ideas why the car is not locking?

I have a Model Y. When not using my iPhone but using the FOB, with Walk Away and Lock engaged, with Notifications ON for unlocked windows and doors, with AutoFold Mirrors ON and with Horn notification ON, when I walk away I do not hear the horn, see the mirrors fold, and I also do not receive a Notification that the car has not been locked. Upon return to the car I merely open the door handle and do not have to use the FOB along with window pillar. Any ideas why the car is not locking?
I my be wrong, but I think it will only auto lock when using your phones bluetooth.

Upon return to the car I merely open the door handle and do not have to use the FOB along with window pillar.
That's exactly how the fob is supposed to work. It basically does the same as a phone with the Tesla app, it will unlock the car when the fob is near and you open a door.

On the other hand, unless you leave your (set up as key) phone in the car, walking away from the car with the fob should definitely lock the doors and close the windows etc.

BTW: just to be sure, you really mean keyfob as opposed to just a credit card key? Model 3/Y Key Fob