Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logging into the Tesla App on my phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to arrange for a couple of small fixes to my car, but Tesla's phone system tells me to schedule service using the Tesla App on my phone. This sounds like a good idea, which I would love to do, but I cannot login to the app. When I try, using the same email and password as the tesla.com website, the app tells me: Sign-In Failed — There are no products linked to your Tesla account.

However, when I login to the website at tesla.com, my 2010 Roadster shows up there with no problem.

So… Is the login info different for the app and the website? Should I try to reset the password on the app? (I see an option to do that.) Or is this something that Tesla need to fix, by associating my Roadster with the app? Is that even possible with a Roadster, or do I need to give up on the app and contact them through other means?

Resetting password on tesla.com or the app is the same. So, try either or both. You should be using your email address for the login though. Do not use your"handle/alias" like tonybelding here.

But, we can also schedule service via tesla.com under Tesla Account > Manage, so why not try that first? But have never heard that when a Tesla shows up under Tesla Account, it does not show up under the App. But when the app reports that message, its usually an indicator the Tesla is not linked to the car.

You should also submit an email to customer service explaining you think your Roadster is not linked to your account, because you can't login on the app. I've not heard of someone with a Roadster reporting their Tesla is not available via the app.

Hope that's helpful.

Okay. . . When I got to my Tesla Account, and the "Manage" page, there's a box labeled Support. "To contact support please submit a detailed message outlining how we can best assist you." Is this what you were referring to? If I send them my info there, does that basically go to the same place as it would if I schedule service through the Tesla App on my phone? It means I don't even really need the app?

I think the problem is that the app is for the the S, X, and 3. Your Roadster doesn’t support the same remote access that Tesla’s other models support, which is all the app was originally designed for

By telling you to use the app, they make it seem that they’ve forgotten all about the original roadster!

I think the problem is that the app is for the the S, X, and 3. Your Roadster doesn’t support the same remote access that Tesla’s other models support, which is all the app was originally designed for

By telling you to use the app, they make it seem that they’ve forgotten all about the original roadster!

I think you are absolutely correct. There's no benefits that the roadster can gain from the app anyway. And the Roadster is not connected to the mothership anyway.

I think the problem is that the app is for the the S, X, and 3.

^^^^^ This.

I have a Model S and a Roadster. The Model S is the only vehicle that shows up when I use the app. The Roadster is not supported by the app. The last time I made a service appointment for the Roadster, I used the app. I even put in the comments that the service appointment was for the roadster, but when I got the automated email, it confirmed an appointment for my Model S. I had to call in to get it fixed. In the end, they couldn't figure out how to switch my existing appointment from Model S to Roadster, so we had to cancel the old appointment and re-book a new appointment for the Roadster over the phone.