Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logging out of Tesla app, do you have to re-pair?

Hi all.

TLDR: i just like to know if you have to re pair your App/Phone to your car with the Keycard if you switch accounts in your Tesla app.

Long: I am about to take delivery of my M3 within the next couple of weeks. Also, i will be going to Europe and rent another M3 for the month of me being there. I have done this before and the invite link would actually not work on my app (Australian account). I would always get an "this feature is not yet available" sort of message when following the invite link. I then later worked out that i had to create a new account with a European address and the link worked fine with that one. I am just worried about not being able to check up on my car and or loosing app access to the rental car whenever i switch back and forth accounts?
Cheers

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC