Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logging Temperatures and HVAC Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having issues with my AC. Randomly, it will stop cooling down the car without me touching the controls. I have brought car into the SC twice and they have been unable to duplicate the issue. Is there any tool or mechanism out there for me to log, on an ongoing basis, the temperatures (internal, external, HVAC set point) and the HVAC settings? I don't think Visible Tesla logs those, right? Thanks!

If you're in the car, voice command "bug report" will record about 20 seconds (you describe the issue) and send it to Tesla.

Press both bottom steering wheel buttons to snapshot the system (I am not sure what all this captures but why not do it?).

i've noticed it too. It is brief in duration. Just driving along and suddenly it feels a bit too warm. Within a few minutes it is back to normal. Sometimes I drop it a degree or two and that takes care of it also. Haven't tried the bug report yet....

i've noticed it too. It is brief in duration. Just driving along and suddenly it feels a bit too warm. Within a few minutes it is back to normal. Sometimes I drop it a degree or two and that takes care of it also. Haven't tried the bug report yet....

Hi cassiri. In my case, once it stops cooling, it stays that way for the duration of the trip.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a recent thread on this problem and they finally found that the problem was a faulty valve in the coolant circuit. It will apparently fail completely if not replaced.

Hi Tdriver -- I did a couple of searches here at TMC and did not find any reference to the above. Would you be so kind to share a link? Thanks!