TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Login on Owners Forum

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GloriaL, Mar 10, 2016.

1. GloriaL

GloriaL Member

Has anybody else had trouble loggin in on the Tesla Owners Forum? I can get to the site via My Tesla, but clicking on the Login button or Register button just brings me back to the same page with no place to Login.

2. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Just logged in to the Mytesla link on teslamotors.com with no problem. It brought up a picture of my car with my VIN. Not sure what's up with yours. Maybe they're trying to tell you something?? :wink:

3. GloriaL

GloriaL Member

I can Login to My Tesla without any problem. When I click on the forum link it takes me to the forum, but not under my user name and there is no place to start a new thread. Again clicking the Register or Login buttons does nothing but bring me back to the same page.

4. whitex

whitex Member

I just ran into the exact same problem yesterday. Still a problem today.

5. brec

brec Member

Workaround: click on a thread title; after the thread messages are displayed, click on the login button.

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

No problem here at 21:14 PST today.

7. whitex

whitex Member

#7 whitex, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    I figured out the problem - they separated the main site and the forum site but obviously didn't get shared authentication working correctly. Make sure you log in from a screen with "forums.teslamotors.com" rather than from "www.teslamotors.com" (the one you could use to log in for MyTesla, also when you hit the forum using some links from the main site) - apparently there are 2 different servers and you have to log into them individually. Quick workaround, log in using the link below:
    https://forums.teslamotors.com/user/login

PS> WARNING if using a public computer, notice that logging out on MyTesla screen doesn't log you out of the forums.

8. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

I'm sorry I didn't read your original post close enough.

I can't log in to the forum either, unless I use the workarounds mentioned above.