Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logistics for home delivery (NH) of a '3' needs work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
26 days!!! that is looking like my timeline as well.

@jtpassat - 26 days from VIN to delivery (April 16 to May 12)

One thing I should add - Hector, my sales advisor, was new. In fact he told me that I was only the third person he was assigned to.

As far as the other lack-of-communication items, well, that's because I noticed every little change in status and have been *wanting* this *so* much. I hadn't been excited about a car in DECADES and this is making me feel almsot like a teenager again, getting that first car back in the days when that was a Rite of Passage. This time, I feel like I've stepped into the future.

...and it doesn't hurt that, now, metaphorically speaking, I'm one of 'the cool kids' as there's a line of people who want a ride in the Tesla.

@djplong I went thru pretty much the same process as you. 61 days from config to delivery. Paid 2 weeks before I ever saw the car. Extra delays while the car was transported via rail. Tesla changed the delivery plans last second without notifying me (I almost drove to Dedham for nothing). When I finally got the car (I had to meet the driver at a Shaws parking lot cause he wasn't confident his truck could get into residential streets), the paperwork allowing me to register the car wasn't there, so the car sat a few days in the driveway unregistered until the papers arrived via FedEx.

But none of that matters now cause the car is amazing and it's all in the past :D

Hector is my sales advisor too... I first spoke with him Tuesday and still haven't gotten my paperwork to sign so I'm a little nervous but am trying to just go with the flow...

I had to badger him to get my paperwork to sign. Then he sent it twice. With errors. I called to get them corrected. He said it would be re-sent immediately. Next day I had to call again since it never showed. Finally it showed.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
@djplong I went thru pretty much the same process as you. 61 days from config to delivery. Paid 2 weeks before I ever saw the car. Extra delays while the car was transported via rail. Tesla changed the delivery plans last second without notifying me (I almost drove to Dedham for nothing). When I finally got the car (I had to meet the driver at a Shaws parking lot cause he wasn't confident his truck could get into residential streets), the paperwork allowing me to register the car wasn't there, so the car sat a few days in the driveway unregistered until the papers arrived via FedEx.

But none of that matters now cause the car is amazing and it's all in the past :D
Yeah, now that I *have* the car, none of that crap matters anymore..

But Hector should have known to tell me to get temporary plates in advance of the delivery. Since Tesla does get titles issued in NH, only a temporary plate would allow me to drive the car. Fortunately, I thought of it on my own. My credit union filled out the paperwork for the title but we're still waiting for it. Once the state issues the title, then I can get my REAL registration and move my "OHM+RUN" plates off my Camry and onto the Model 3.

• Informative
I had to badger him to get my paperwork to sign. Then he sent it twice. With errors. I called to get them corrected. He said it would be re-sent immediately. Next day I had to call again since it never showed. Finally it showed.
So I emailed him and he said everything on his end was done and I'd receive the paperwork in 24 hours... never got an email, but on my Tesla account the purchase agreement was available. I asked if I needed to sign it and email it back and he said no, that I would sign it when the car is delivered to me... I'm using that documentation for the loan but still don't show a tentative delivery date and my VIN disappeared today... emailed Hector and got no response. I guess I will try reaching out again Monday after I get my loan documents signed.

I'm so glad I found your thread. I've been looking through TMC today off and on to try finding out if getting a Model 3 delivered by truck in NH meant I was exempted from MA sales tax. Otherwise, I was going to fly to NY or CT and get a ride to a delivery center. I'm not opposed to taxes, I just would rather pay them in the state I live in if I'm going to pay them at all.

Anyway, I've been trying to find out if I could request a truck, and what that meant tax wise, and your thread gave me both answers! Perfect! I hope you're still enjoying your Model 3.

I'm so glad I found your thread. I've been looking through TMC today off and on to try finding out if getting a Model 3 delivered by truck in NH meant I was exempted from MA sales tax. Otherwise, I was going to fly to NY or CT and get a ride to a delivery center. I'm not opposed to taxes, I just would rather pay them in the state I live in if I'm going to pay them at all.

Anyway, I've been trying to find out if I could request a truck, and what that meant tax wise, and your thread gave me both answers! Perfect! I hope you're still enjoying your Model 3.
You can also go to NY to pick it up, and not pay the sales tax. I drove a friend of mine to Mt. Kisko, NY to get his M3, in my M3. They have some sort of paperwork or law or whatever where you don't need to pay the sales tax if you are a resident of another state. I found my home delivery in NH to be somewhat lacking. Yes, it is super pimp to have a closed car carrier come to your house and deliver your bright red futuremobile while all your neighbors watch. It is less cool when the delivery driver has none of the right paperwork, and really knows nothing at all about the car, and also wants to talk to you about how awesome Trump is.

You can also go to NY to pick it up, and not pay the sales tax. I drove a friend of mine to Mt. Kisko, NY to get his M3, in my M3. They have some sort of paperwork or law or whatever where you don't need to pay the sales tax if you are a resident of another state. I found my home delivery in NH to be somewhat lacking. Yes, it is super pimp to have a closed car carrier come to your house and deliver your bright red futuremobile while all your neighbors watch. It is less cool when the delivery driver has none of the right paperwork, and really knows nothing at all about the car, and also wants to talk to you about how awesome Trump is.

Yeah, I know about NY delivery. The problem is then I have to fly to NY, get a Lyft over to the delivery center, and if there's a delay or problem for any reason, I might have to get a Lyft back to the airport and a last-minute flight home.

I don't expect or need the delivery driver to know anything at all about the car. I already do. So to me, the delivery experience is just a speed bump. I want to complete the purchase of my car, get in it, and drive it. I don't need an associate to show me how to use the screen, or tell me what they keycar is, or how to set up profiles.

If you think your driver telling you their political stance is bad, try owning a Harley. :D

I've been told Hector is my guy for delivery in NH of our Model 3 and I've been waiting for a couple of weeks now for him to reach out and contact me. This is after two weeks of convincing Tesla that as a NH resident I could not take delivery in Dedham. this is when I was assigned Hector as my DS for home delivery. I call and email someone else and they all assure me they are passing my info onto Hector but as of yet no word from him directly. Does anyone have his contact info? Maybe I'll try that route.

I've been told Hector is my guy for delivery in NH of our Model 3 and I've been waiting for a couple of weeks now for him to reach out and contact me. This is after two weeks of convincing Tesla that as a NH resident I could not take delivery in Dedham. this is when I was assigned Hector as my DS for home delivery. I call and email someone else and they all assure me they are passing my info onto Hector but as of yet no word from him directly. Does anyone have his contact info? Maybe I'll try that route.

You can take delivery in Dedham, but you'll pay MA sales tax. Trust me on this, if you're having a bad feeling about your delivery advisor, ask Tesla to let you pick the car up in NY instead. As long as you buy the car there for out of state registration, you don't have to pay any sales tax. There isn't enough time to me to explain how badly my delivery has been botched, even through to today when I've had the car in my possession for 6 days. If you can in any way arrange to take delivery from a delivery center, do it. Tesla will even arrange a one way rental car for your to drive to NY to get your car there.

If you have to take delivery at home for some reason, there are a ton of factors that can lead to a delay. And your advisor probably won't reach out to you until the vehicle is either at the Maryland port, the NY delivery center, or Dedham delivery center. If you don't have a VIN assigned yet, then don't bother hounding them, you don't have a car as far as they're concerned.

Once the process does start rolling, request your registration pack as soon as you've paid for the vehicle. Any delay with this paperwork will mean you'll have a car that you can't drive. Make sure the website reflects the status you believe your should have- Paid, pending delivery, delivered. Make sure your delivery advisor submits your paperwork so that your vehicle is activated in your account and you can use the app with the car (phone key, remote HVAC control, summon, trunk/frunk). If your vehicle is not activated, you will not be able to use the supercharger network at all. One of the first things that happens when you arrive at a delivery center is that they set up your app. I was told by support that it could take "up to 5 days" to activate for me, but it turns out the paperwork was never submitted.

Seriously, I can not put it plainly enough. Right now, home delivery in NH SUCKS unless you get a great deliver advisor. And I haven't heard too many NH people sharing stories about their advisor doing a great job after they paid for the car.

• Informative
Too true - Now that I have had the car for two weeks still no title, temp tags expire on Wednesday. Guess I'll have to take the car off the road until I finally get the title. A referral code I used when buying the car has not been applied. When I talk to Tesla they say I have to work with Hector. It truly has been a sh*t show.

• Informative
Reactions: DrDabbles
Too true - Now that I have had the car for two weeks still no title, temp tags expire on Wednesday. Guess I'll have to take the car off the road until I finally get the title. A referral code I used when buying the car has not been applied. When I talk to Tesla they say I have to work with Hector. It truly has been a sh*t show.

oh wow....in NH also, figured I'd be going to Mt. Kisco to pick up, but delivery advisor called last week and said for NH I have to do home delivery. But, now they are supposedly putting me in touch with a home delivery advisor (hopefully not Hector!)....this person hasn't called me yet. I'm wondering if I can insist on Mt. Kisco??....

Well go figure, got an email for home delivery tonight from....you guessed it, the famous Hector. The roller coaster begins.

Good luck. Now that you know a couple of the common pitfalls, maybe you can be prepared and be prepared for the next step before Hector is. Sometimes knowing that something hasn't happened yet but it should have can tip you off that you need to make a phone call and push things along. My advisor was Christon, for anybody that might end up with him in the future.

• Informative
Good luck. Now that you know a couple of the common pitfalls, maybe you can be prepared and be prepared for the next step before Hector is. Sometimes knowing that something hasn't happened yet but it should have can tip you off that you need to make a phone call and push things along. My advisor was Christon, for anybody that might end up with him in the future.

Thanks....I’ve already emailed Hector a long list of concerns and questions about home delivery. To his credit, he did say To me that email is easier to answer for him as he has an unusually high call volume at the moment, I can only imagine. Failed to tell him though that if the delivery driver starts harping about how great Trump is I may puke.

• Funny
Reactions: DrDabbles