Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lol, one day people will blame taking showers at 6pm on a grid failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upfront may seem so but in long term was not (or should not be for me after 10 years use …. I paid all in tax / delivery $1700 for a 65gal Rheem …
Received $300 fed rebate on taxes then I save or will save $12 / month in ng by getting rid of ng heater ( and that is prior to last winter ng price hike we saw ) so over 10 years that’s ~ $1400 I save .
Reason I say 10 years is rheem has 10 year parts warranty (1 year labor) so,I figure I can keep it running 10 years
oh yea installed myself not very difficult … hardest part getting it up on pedestal in garage … hybrid heater is top heavy and overall heavier than ng or straight electric
discovered another incentive for a HPWH .. SCE (california electric utility) added a new baseline credit a few months back to their existing TOU 4-9 and 5-9 rate programs ... starting Oct 1st if you have a HPWH they give a larger baseline allowance in summer and larger still during winter months 🙌🏼 just called them to activate

Reactions: holeydonut
discovered another incentive for a HPWH .. SCE (california electric utility) added a new baseline credit a few months back to their existing TOU 4-9 and 5-9 rate programs ... starting Oct 1st if you have a HPWH they give a larger baseline allowance in summer and larger still during winter months 🙌🏼 just called them to activate

Nice! I can't wait for the Biden money to kick in and I'll look into getting rid of this crappy NG water heater in my garage. I just hope a certain political group who says they're willing to work across the aisle doesn't encourage some judges to rule the IRA to be unconstitutional.