Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London driving charges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily I've also realised that Whitechapel is just outside the zone so should be ok! Just need to remember to there from the east side.
Registered and paid £10 anyway so won't need to worry again next time

Last edited:
Be aware in Westminster and Camden (I believe it’s Camden?) if you park in a pay and display spot you only need to pay the minimum (10 minutes?) and you can stay the maximum time for the bay.

Shouldn’t be an issue on a Sunday, though.

Reactions: m3p_uk
Be aware in Westminster and Camden (I believe it’s Camden?) if you park in a pay and display spot you only need to pay the minimum (10 minutes?) and you can stay the maximum time for the bay.

Shouldn’t be an issue on a Sunday, though.
83 pence for 10 minutes paid charge covers you for four hours in Westminster for an electric vehicle, no return for one hour, hours covered are 0830 -1830 Monday to Saturday. £5 per hour for petrol and £7.42 for diesel...

Closing petrol stations will be the nudge that works
But why would they close people are still buying petrol cars in 5 years time?
They will probably close in about 10-15 years but removing incentives like that will only make it longer before they do. Guess the government will be missing out on road tax and petrol fuel duty so trying to get money another way!

Planning to go into central London tomorrow and wanted to know what London congestion charges/ulez/any other charges would apply and how to pay for them if someone could help please?

Lots of info already

Reactions: m3p_uk
That seems like another backwards step so I'm sure fewer people will then be incentivised to buy a pure ev

The incentives are early days to get those early adopters like us in. As that builds momentum and becomes more mainstream (plus with the 2030 ICE ban looming by 2025), it makes sense to start to roll some of that back. If you already have an EV just enjoy the benefits while they’re available.

Reactions: Yachtsman and ArunG
The current system is an incentive, a bit like free charging. Incentives rarely last forever. I suspect they may revisit it depending on the uptake of EVs in 2025, but by the looks of it they'll be far more common.
More common but unfortunately still won't be over 50% of vehicles by then. Will be interesting to see how people's views change the closer we get to 2030 and if that deadline gets pushed back...