Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I went to the London Tesla Store launch party this evening. It was busy! I got there with my wife and son about 7:40. Elon arrived just before 8:00 and shortly afterwards he spoke, recapping the current Tesla situation. He mentioned that the Obama adminstration happened to be lending Tesla just short of half a billion dollars - he said it wryly and it got a good-natured laugh from the room. He and Talulah also revealed the first actual Roadster Sport. Good looking, but to my eyes not really distinguishable from a standard roadster. I'm sure it's all in the driving!

However sharper eyes than mine in the form of Nikki Bloomfield noted additional turn signal repeaters just on the forward edge of the wheel arches (also apparent on the 2010 model that was on show) and perhaps subtly reshaped headlights. Apart from that the repositioned VDS was obvious. Perhaps the seats look a bit more padded ... But that may be wishful thinking!

It was a pleasure to meet a number of people from this and other fora for the first time: Nikki, Adam, Robert Llewellyn, John; and from Tesla to have the opportunity to meet Elon, and to re-meet Don Cochrane. Note that Don spoke after Elon to re-confirm (and publicly announce) the launch of Right Hand Drive Roadsters. I got the impression RHD is a personal triumph for him.

Andrew

PS I have a few pictures on different cameras and phones. I may get a chance to collate a post some pics tomorrow night if others haven't got their own good pics up by then.

Forgot to mention: the Store looks great! T E S L A corporate styling. A 2010 Roadster positioned on the vehicle lift (elevator) just insde the front windows and very visible from street and showroom (a glass wall separates the showroom from the vehicle lift). Workshops below are accessible from the lift. The whole effect will have to wait for a non party time to review!

On my way home now. It was a good evening and it was interesting to see the sport and euro-spec car for the first time.

I think the 2010 interior is a lot nicer than in the pictures. The silver customer car that was on display with the black/silver interior looks good.

RHD was announced for Q1 2010.

As others have mentioned, there are additional side repeaters that IMHO didn't really suit the car. They looked a bit plasticy.

It was interesting to see a speedo with only km/h for the first time.

Alpine Driver got a shot of the new PEM too. It is a lot smaller. Hopefully he will post it.

Also, interesting to note that the UK brochure shows a range of 211 miles. I guess this is the result from the European standard testing.

Good to meet all you guys (Malcolm, Alpine Driver, Nikki and her crowd, some possible new recruits to the TMC cause...). I will add some photos later - they are currently uploading.

Last edited:
David, thanks for the extra details. Sorry I missed meeting you and a number of others you mentioned.

Andrew

PS I completely missed the UK brochure. Are we talking a paper document? If so I will have to ask for a copy.

PPS Did you catch anything defintive on EU homologation? Are they through and clear?

Andrew - sorry to miss you too. We must have spoken to many of the same people.

The UK brochure is a paper document. Ask Don for one. I believe they have been busy recertifying for EU homologation. Haven't read the brochure cover to cover yet.

Some pics:

The store

3660631907_c5abea5d54.jpg

Elon talking about the loan

3661453924_6df8086934.jpg

Don announcing RHD early next year

3660701903_064e04bd1f.jpg

Didn't get a good shot of the Sport unveiling (crowd was in the way) but here it is.

3660747861_c6b727f977.jpg