Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for an excellent write up David.

Looking forward to reading about the next EU Tesla Centre launch parties. Hopefully other board members in the relevant territories can get onto the invite list.

PistonHeads Headlines

Yet another article quoting this:
The Tesla Roadster might not be blessed with the noise and excitement of a 'proper engine', and it might take several hours to recharge, but Tesla looks as though it is here to stay. It says it has 1300 orders across Europe for the Roadster, is planning an 'entry-level' RHD Roadster for early next year and is taking 'reservations' for the Model S saloon, due for launch towards the end of 2011.

Just to clarify this, it's been confirmed by a couple of sources that the 1300 figure refers neither to the UK nor Europe, but overall sales. The figure is actually now slightly above this.

Having said what I did earlier I must say the commenters on Pistonheads of all places was remarkedly neutral. The fact that they see that Jeremy Clarksons knowledge of cars is dubious and that Tesla is getting a lot of money to Lotus might be positives here :)

Pistonheads people do seem to be getting it, albeit some faster than others. In fact, among petrolheads (both in my circle of friends and generally), the significance of the car is gradually sinking in. I think it is car fans that are warming to the idea more quickly than the general public these days. Once the fear of the unknown subsides, they are intrigued by its potential and performance (in my experience of watching the process).

Tesla opens doors in UK | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Boasting a new push button gearshift, a bigger boot and an even lighter carbon fibre frame, both are powered by a lithium- ion battery, which gives the Roadster a 0-60mph time of only 3.9 seconds, and a zero-emissions range of up to 211 miles on a single charge.

A few hundred kilometers off topic: Any word on when Munich is going to open? Did anyone hear something?

Alpinedriver did ask that question. I think he said August.

I'm looking forward to news about Munich! I have some gearhead extended family there who will be veeeeery interested. Sadly I just returned from a trip there and am not likely to get back for a few years.

I think this is one of the best interviews I have heard Elon Musk give. He got all his points in, but also sounds empathetic, relaxed, convincing. Bravo.

The point about celebrities: How about some of the F1 driver crowd? Getting Jenson Button or Lewis Hamilton in a Telsa would be cool!

Last edited:
FYI, the London Store in Cheval Place closed on 21 June 2011. Service has moved elsewhere (in line with the new model of separating Store and Service locations). A London Store will re-open somewhere else at some time "once a suitable location has been found".

Twitter
Tesla opened its new state-of-the-art service center outside London last week
Ow.ly - image uploaded by @TeslaMotors
ecnN.jpg

Tesla Service West London
Unit 11 Vision Industrial Park
Kendal Avenue
London
W3 OAF

The link on teslamotors points to a residential street. :rolleyes: They seem to be located here.

Still looking for a retail location in the capital though

Last edited: