Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

London to Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All! New to the form here so I am genuinely sorry if this was asked before but I can’t find any related posts.

I have a 2022 Model Y (Performance) and it’s coming up to 6 weeks/300miles of ownership. My first ever EV.

Tempted to do a road trip with it from London to Scotland (and back obviously) in February. Thinking of going to Glencoe Mountain (490mile journey )or Lecht 2090 (535mile journey) for skiing. Which means daily 30-40min x2 trips between accommodation and slopes.

Is this viable / doable? Looking at Tesla charging network I'm leaning towards a yes but not sure.

I have Enhanced Autopilot yet never used it as I think its not enabled in the UK market(?) Not sure if that'll aid in any shape or form on the motorway.
Happy for any tips/inputs.

Cheers
-NN

That sounds like a fun trip.

I've never driven in the UK, but I've taken lots of roads trips in the US, and found that checking options with A Better Route Planner helps me determine how viable certain routes are. I created a route from London to Glencoe as if I was going to do it in my Model Y LR, starting at 80% state of charge (SOC).

ABRP route from London to Glencoe and back

It looks like ABRP thinks it is very doable. I limited the options to Tesla superchargers and Tesla CCS chargers. If you can use other CCS networks, or use Level 2 chargers at where you eat or overnight, that would make it even easier.

Good luck on your travels!

Hello All! New to the form here so I am genuinely sorry if this was asked before but I can’t find any related posts.

I have a 2022 Model Y (Performance) and it’s coming up to 6 weeks/300miles of ownership. My first ever EV.

Tempted to do a road trip with it from London to Scotland (and back obviously) in February. Thinking of going to Glencoe Mountain (490mile journey )or Lecht 2090 (535mile journey) for skiing. Which means daily 30-40min x2 trips between accommodation and slopes.

Is this viable / doable? Looking at Tesla charging network I'm leaning towards a yes but not sure.

I have Enhanced Autopilot yet never used it as I think its not enabled in the UK market(?) Not sure if that'll aid in any shape or form on the motorway.
Happy for any tips/inputs.

Cheers
-NN
Certainly very doable you just need to match your 2 or 3 Charging Stops with Coffee / Lunch Breaks. Some Tesla Superchargers at Gretna and Scotch Corner can be busy and are best avoided if possible.

I drove the North Coast 500 last Autumn in my 2014 model S (slept in the car) . There are plenty of Tesla superchargers for the journey to Scotland. North of Inverness /Fort William, I used the Charge place Scotland chargers. All the chargers worked and I only had to wait once. It was surprisingly easy.

Reactions: JaxonDM
I drove the North Coast 500 last Autumn in my 2014 model S (slept in the car) . There are plenty of Tesla superchargers for the journey to Scotland. North of Inverness /Fort William, I used the Charge place Scotland chargers. All the chargers worked and I only had to wait once. It was surprisingly easy.
That sounds like a fun trip! Good to hear about the no hassle in the charging stations.

Reactions: philip295