Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long (50 min) 2018.39.2.1 mad max driving in Europe - the last one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not sure, Jasper: in 2018.39.2.1 do you have to pull the stalk to confirm lane changes?
The settings to disable that confirmation are hidden in this build.
So if you want to experiment with it, I presume extra attention is required. It can be enabled through being root on the cid.
Also without, on a one-time basis (connect a device every time).

I advise that if you want to experiment with being root, to register as a 'security researcher'. Tesla will not void your warranty nor litigate and provides free of charge assistance if you would break things. A very hacker friendly policy, IMHO.
Only thing I'd love to see added, is the possibility to just ask for root to your own car. So everyone can disclose all root methods and all holes can get fixed without affecting the curious minds.

Product Security | Tesla

Will post my Tesla Hacking presentation from WoTS and the full movie if the presentation in another thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
In the video you posted in this thread, are you:

a) initiating the lane changes yourself

b) confirming the lane changes that Autopilot is intelligently suggesting

or c) just letting Autopilot make lane changes without confirmation?

It’s not clear from the video or from this thread. I’m still confused about what is actually happening in the video!

what I was trying to say is that the version that he is running has automatic lane change and he is using it. He initiates lane changes to go back to the right lane since seems like his car likes to hang out on the left lane more than what it should

My apologies! I misread your post.

I’m still not sure what features Jasper had enabled in the video, since he apparently has been changing settings using root access.

Last edited:
In the video you posted in this thread, are you:

a) initiating the lane changes yourself

b) confirming the lane changes that Autopilot is intelligently suggesting

or c) just letting Autopilot make lane changes without confirmation?

It’s not clear from the video or from this thread. I’m still confused about what is actually happening in the video!

@jnuyens Any clarification on this?