Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Cargo on the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, you put down the rear seats, open the rear hatch and put the gizmo in. See if you have to angle it, whatever. Do not line it up to hit the screen if you have to emergency stop. Another option is to stick it up through the pano roof, or, with my X3, I've had to let long things like pipe go out the passenger window. Be sure to pad the car surfaces.

Fold down the right rear seat, tilt and fully recline the passenger seat. Throw a couple of furniture pads around the screen to protect the interior and then slide the screen all the way in. It will be close but should fit. If you have passenger, they would have to ride in the left rear seat. Works for me when I carried something long.

From RF floor it would stick out LR window at least a foot but have it showing in driver's rear view mirror so she remembers it is there!

Alternately cut the stand so you can save a couple of feet or more. Buy a collapsible screen.
--

I don't know about the USA, but in Australia, you cannot have things protruding from a window. I was pulled over by a VERY irate cop for having a fishing rod stowed like that. Turns out his normal mode of private transport was a motorcycle. It constitutes a major hazard for them. Now, when i need to transport long goods including timber, i pad it heavily and place it through my moonroof having folded my back seats. This is in a B class Mercedes which is a lot smaller than model S. I have even transported a kitchen bench top i made, this way!! My front seat passenger was condemned to holding it for the duration of the trip to ensure it did not slide around too much, but it worked, did not damage either the car or the wife, and got installed OK at destination some 12 miles away!!