Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long delay replacing Model 3 Windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In absolutely shocking scenes Admiral have agreed to cover the replacement under their glass policy! RESULT!!!
How did you get through to someone that helped at Admiral? I'm getting frustrated going round in circles and being told they'll only cover £50. I'm hesitant to proceed with Tesla at a cost of £1,052.81 (model Y - I know this is 3 thread but I didn't want to start a new one - oh and yes, Autoglass now having the same issues with Ys!). I've had 3 failed appointments with Autoglass where they didn't have the right glass (2 heating connectors instead of 3..) - 3rd time the customer services rep personally checked they had the right glass and confirmed they did before the appointment went ahead. Turned up and they didn't have the right one again - minor explosion from me and various calls with Autoglass later (where they gave me no update) the guy on the phone just now confirmed that they're waiting for stock from Tesla with no date in sight...

How did you get through to someone that helped at Admiral? I'm getting frustrated going round in circles and being told they'll only cover £50. I'm hesitant to proceed with Tesla at a cost of £1,052.81 (model Y - I know this is 3 thread but I didn't want to start a new one - oh and yes, Autoglass now having the same issues with Ys!). I've had 3 failed appointments with Autoglass where they didn't have the right glass (2 heating connectors instead of 3..) - 3rd time the customer services rep personally checked they had the right glass and confirmed they did before the appointment went ahead. Turned up and they didn't have the right one again - minor explosion from me and various calls with Autoglass later (where they gave me no update) the guy on the phone just now confirmed that they're waiting for stock from Tesla with no date in sight...
I'm not really surprised Autoglass don't have any MY screens if they cannot stock M3 screens.

I don't really understand the 2 wire / 3 wire bit - all the UK MYs are the same, they haven't been out long enough to have had multiple revisions, and they all have the heated element for the wipers. The Tesla EPC only shows one RHD option

I'm not really surprised Autoglass don't have any MY screens if they cannot stock M3 screens.

I don't really understand the 2 wire / 3 wire bit - all the UK MYs are the same, they haven't been out long enough to have had multiple revisions, and they all have the heated element for the wipers. The Tesla EPC only shows one RHD option
Agreed - my feeling was that the people on the phone at Autoglass didn't really have any clue and for some reason their procurement team were the ones messing things up. What's even more odd is that they physically had glass at all 3 appointments and it was wrong...

During my 3 hour commute this evening my crack grew an additional 4-6 inches. It’s now about half the width of the full screen. This could be fun come the rain, freeze, expand, make it worse winter weather ahead!
Will also be fun if the police pull you over and fine you plus points on your licence. The windscreen situation is just diabolical at the moment.

Will also be fun if the police pull you over and fine you plus points on your licence. The windscreen situation is just diabolical at the moment.
So took this onboard and called admiral to try and speed things up. The first 3 reps put me through to auto glass! 🤬🤬

The last guy (after another 45 min wait) was really helpful but achieved almost nothing. I need to raise a claim that the car is unsafe and then if it goes in for a repair I can have a courtesy car. He transferred me to the claims department - what he are shut - so I’ll have to try tomorrow.

Also looks like my temporary resin fix has failed as the entire crack is now visible and glints off the Sun like no one’s business.

Anyone managed to convince admiral to pay for Tesla to make the repair?

So took this onboard and called admiral to try and speed things up. The first 3 reps put me through to auto glass! 🤬🤬

The last guy (after another 45 min wait) was really helpful but achieved almost nothing. I need to raise a claim that the car is unsafe and then if it goes in for a repair I can have a courtesy car. He transferred me to the claims department - what he are shut - so I’ll have to try tomorrow.

Also looks like my temporary resin fix has failed as the entire crack is now visible and glints off the Sun like no one’s business.

Anyone managed to convince admiral to pay for Tesla to make the repair?
Seems like OUTATIME1 managed to. I’m in the same boat with admiral - trying to get someone that can approve more than the meagre £50! I’m going to give them another call tomorrow….

Keep on at your insurance companies. I may have gotten a call handler in a kind mood but I didn't have to push hard.

I had already arranged a SC appointment through the App. I forwarded that quote onto my insurance (directline) and within a couple of minutes on hold it was approved for £703 less my exess. I do need to chase however as I've heard no confirmation that they've received my final invoice to reimburse me!

My initial call I told the call handler that there was a shortage of glass and Tesla hoards stock for themselves and only gives a few units to Autloglass - which is true. That got them onside and as the Tesla quote was in the ballpark for what they must pay Autoglass it went through ok.

Seems like OUTATIME1 managed to. I’m in the same boat with admiral - trying to get someone that can approve more than the meagre £50! I’m going to give them another call tomorrow….
Hey - sorry for the late reply I've not been on here for a bit.

I went my own way and called Admiral's claims line - explained the situation in detail, made out like the car was unsafe to drive (it was, crack was right across my vision). Asked to speak to the guys manager and made it VERY clear not to put me through to their glass people (Autoglass). Manager sympathised and opened a claim for me and gave me a claim number. They asked me to get a quote for the work from Tesla, which I did quickly, sent Autoglass the quote PDF via email and called the claims line right away, quoting the claims number.

They reviewed the quote and agreed to pay it. I got it booked in with the Winchester SC - all fixed, sent the invoice to Admiral, job done.

You have to put your foot down and escalate. The grunt in the call centre will be following a script, and the script says £50 or autoglass. Go above them.

• Helpful
Reactions: M1tch and Durzel
Very helpful guy from admiral tonight. He was fully aware of the issue and tried to connect me to the team that can authorise me to go through Tesla but they shut at 1800 and will try again tomorrow, they will then call me back.

Tesla have the glass in stock at my local SC, (confirmed by them) and I have an appt scheduled.

Just need the call back from the team that deals with it and I think this is all sorted 🤞🏻

Also worth noting that Tesla can’t fit glass on a Saturday! 🤯🤯

Attachments

• A4BC179D-6B7B-4EBA-862F-023334A7FC24.jpeg
    A4BC179D-6B7B-4EBA-862F-023334A7FC24.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 91