Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long delay replacing Model 3 Windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting around a month for Autoglass to get a replacement windscreen in for my Model 3, no luck yet. Got a text yesterday saying that "due to a national shortage of Tesla Glass" they would not be able to book me an appointment, and that they would be in touch soon.

I've got a separate booking at the Winchester SC to replace the windscreen on June 7th, hoping Autoglass can come through for me before then though as I'd rather pay just the insurance excess than the full£700 + VAT..! I may have no choice but to fork out the money as my Model 3 makes up the vast majority of my deposit for the new MYLR being delivered at the end of June.

People (elsewhere in this thread) have been successful in getting their Insurance company to reimburse them - given that the insurers preferred supplier has no glass but Tesla does ...
Hmm I did try calling Admiral and asking about this - I was told the best they would do it £50 (yes, really) towards the cost of the replacement windscreen. Maybe I need to be firmer as this has been dragging on for ages.

• Love
Reactions: WannabeOwner
I’ve been waiting since the 6th of January.
Now booked in with Tesla for July, as they need to keep the car in overnight (seems a bit excessive just for a windscreen replacement).
I’ll keep waiting for Autoglass until then anyway…
What Service Centre are you using? As Birmingham never mentioned to me they’d need it overnight, only ”we will need your car for a full day”.

What Service Centre are you using? As Birmingham never mentioned to me they’d need it overnight, only ”we will need your car for a full day”.
I'm booked in at Chester.
Bit of a ball ache having to drive from Shrewsbury to Chester and back again in two days, but I'll survive :)
(I'm still hoping they'll change their minds as the appointment gets closer and tell me I can just wait)

yeah fingers crossed 🤞 they contact you. On my estimate states they’re also ‘installing Supermanifold to Compressor Pipe Insulation Foam’, £0 cost. I’m just down the M54 if any local users ever want to meet up, I think I saw another local user posting recently, maybe have a mini meet up and admire our new and rare replacement windscreens 😁

Hmm I did try calling Admiral and asking about this - I was told the best they would do it £50 (yes, really) towards the cost of the replacement windscreen. Maybe I need to be firmer as this has been dragging on for ages.
Have you asked them to provide a hire car whilst yours is off the road? This appears to focus the mind, especially as it seems Autoglass can take months and months to sort out replacement glass.