Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long delivery estimate and trade-in, financing logistics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for a LR Model Y yesterday. While placing the order, the order questionnaire walked me thru the standard trade-in and financing questions.

I opted to let Tesla affiliates handle financing and entered the information for a paid-for trade-in vehicle.

After accepting the trade and financing offers, it became apparent that the trade in offer is only good for 30 days which is to be expected.

Obviously, it’s going to take more like 6 months before the Model Y is here. I don’t want to have to keep reuploading tradein photos or additional financing/trade in information every 30 days.

How is this normally handled? Do I just ignore the expired trade-in offer until much closer to delivery? Same for financing, I assume that offer may also expire at some point.

I placed an order for a LR Model Y yesterday. While placing the order, the order questionnaire walked me thru the standard trade-in and financing questions.

I opted to let Tesla affiliates handle financing and entered the information for a paid-for trade-in vehicle.

After accepting the trade and financing offers, it became apparent that the trade in offer is only good for 30 days which is to be expected.

Obviously, it’s going to take more like 6 months before the Model Y is here. I don’t want to have to keep reuploading tradein photos or additional financing/trade in information every 30 days.

How is this normally handled? Do I just ignore the expired trade-in offer until much closer to delivery? Same for financing, I assume that offer may also expire at some point.
Sell your car privately and be done with it. I promise you, Tesla is worse to deal with than any tire kickers you will come across on Craigslist.

And with the used car market being what it is, I expect you will have no issues selling a vehicle on your own.

Reactions: voxel
Yes, I'll probably have to explore other options. It would have been convenient to keep my trade-in until delivery day since it's my daily driver.
Tesla basically makes it impossible for that to happen. Even if you get a delivery date, it’s always subject to change.

The best option these days is to take delivery of your Tesla and sell your daily afterwards. This, of course, assumes you are in a position to do so. Understandably, not everyone is.