Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Delivery Timeline for New Model S Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inventory is at an all time low. They cleared it out at the end of the year as best they could. I scored a great deal yesterday getting a 2019 SR Multicoat Red with 21” Turbines for 72k. The car has AP3, MCU2 and I can add FSD later if I want. The only thing it doesn’t have is the newer battery specs with longer range and faster charging times, which wasn’t worth another 10k to me. It was a demo car, so it had 1k miles on it, but it was in excellent shape.

Inventory is at an all time low. They cleared it out at the end of the year as best they could. I scored a great deal yesterday getting a 2019 SR Multicoat Red with 21” Turbines for 72k. The car has AP3, MCU2 and I can add FSD later if I want. The only thing it doesn’t have is the newer battery specs with longer range and faster charging times, which wasn’t worth another 10k to me. It was a demo car, so it had 1k miles on it, but it was in excellent shape.
That’s not a great deal at all. You basically paid full price.

That’s not a great deal at all. You basically paid full price.

No I didn’t. There was a $3,500 discount applied from the original SR price. In addition prices were jacked up from Standard Range to Long Range another 5k. The bottom line is, if you want to get into a new Tesla today, your spending roughly 81-82k. I saved myself 10k by taking delivery of a SR instead of buying a LR, so I this a
was good deal for myself. Not to mention Red and the 21’s on a new LR make that car closer to 85-86k.

Would have been better if I did this a month ago and got the $1875 rebate though...

Reactions: E Dizzle and CrayZ1
No I didn’t. There was a $3,500 discount applied from the original SR price. In addition prices were jacked up from Standard Range to Long Range another 5k. The bottom line is, if you want to get into a new Tesla today, your spending roughly 81-82k. I saved myself 10k by taking delivery of a SR instead of buying a LR, so I this a good deal for myself. Not to mention Red and the 21’s on a new LR make that car closer to 85-86k.

Would have been better if I did this a month ago and got the $1875 rebate though...
Ok, you didn’t pay full price. You saved 3,500 on car with a thousand miles. Still not a great deal.

And no you can’t count the 10k difference from a long range to the standard range as “savings”. That’s not savings, that’s buying a lower priced trim.

Ok, you didn’t pay full price. You saved 3,500 on car with a thousand miles. Still not a great deal.

And no you can’t count the 10k difference from a long range to the standard range as “savings”. That’s not savings, that’s buying a lower priced trim.

The value to me was the 10k I would be spending on the LR wouldn’t be taken advantage since I don’t take a lot of road trips and most of my driving is local. This to me was a 10k in savings to get myself into a new Tesla. Yes, it had 1,000 miles, but it was a clean title and in mint condition with plastic still on the trim. For others, this wouldn’t be a good deal if they value the LR, but for my use, it was a great deal. To each their own.

I keep hearing that somehow a car with 50K miles is not worth as much as a car with 45K miles. How come? Is the wear and tear on the engine going to make it break down sooner? Is a car with 1000 miles on it somehow worth less?

No.

The warranty on the battery is eight YEARS. There are no mileage constraints. So why are people continuing to use the old metric for gas engines? I would guess that they are still measuring Teslas by gas car engine standards. Which is dumb.

My car has 97,000+ miles on it. Never changed the oil, adjusted the valves, changed piston rings, or replaced the filters. And I don't intend to. I still have three years of warranty on the battery. The car is not wearing out. This is not a burner. Obviously some of these people are unable to move into the Electric Power Generation Era.

The value to me was the 10k I would be spending on the LR wouldn’t be taken advantage since I don’t take a lot of road trips and most of my driving is local. This to me was a 10k in savings to get myself into a new Tesla. Yes, it had 1,000 miles, but it was a clean title and in mint condition with plastic still on the trim. For others, this wouldn’t be a good deal if they value the LR, but for my use, it was a great deal. To each their own.
Congrats on the new car. Great color choice :). A Raven for $72k is quite a bargain.

Thats the way it ALWAYS is first couple of weeks/first month of a quarter - at least the past couple of years. The make exclusively cars for export, then mostly cars for transport across North America, then cars for CA/west coast the last month of the quarter. That way they deliver a high percentage of what they make in same quarter or else shorts have more FUD ammunition.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
Basically, if you’re in the US, no matter WHEN you order in the quarter, you’re probably gonna get your Tesla in the last month of said quarter.

Just the way it works. Only real exception is if you order in the last couple of weeks of a quarter (I.e. ‘too late’), in which case you won’t get it ‘til next quarter (and maybe we’ll into next quarter).

Don’t believe me? Check the stated delivery lead times every week. The lead times will slowly ‘collapse’ and get shorter as the quarter wears on, and will almost always add up to you getting your Tesla in the last month of the quarter.

Again, if you’re in the U.S. Have no idea how it works in Canada, Europe, etc. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: davecolene0606