Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Delivery Timeline for New Model S Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MS long range Dec 23. At the time it stated 4-6 weeks (it's now 6 weeks). Last week I received a text saying 1-5 weeks so potentially another month from now! Very frustrating checking my account page every day (or hour...). I notice a new order page is saying 5-7 weeks. I don't see how the estimate cannot be more realistic.

I ordered a 2020 Model S from new inventory on 2/1 and will be picking it up on 2/12. They texted me yesterday that it's in transit (from NorCal to SoCal). The VIN showed up online at the same time, even though I already knew it since it was an inventory vehicle.

:D

I just placed an order on Sunday (16 feb) right when they announced the new wheel design and 390mil range. We shell see how long this new configuration takes for delivery. Absolutely in no hurry so I won’t be harassing Tesla for Delivery updates. When it comes, it comes and I will report back when that is to give a realistic timeline for the new long range plus models

I just placed an order on Sunday (16 feb) right when they announced the new wheel design and 390mil range. We shell see how long this new configuration takes for delivery.

Absolutely in no hurry so I won’t be harassing Tesla for Delivery updates. When it comes, it comes and I will report back when that is to give a realistic timeline for the new long range plus models

Might wanna clarify with them that what you’re receiving is in fact a Long Range Plus, as opposed to a Long Range? Unless they already confirmed that?

Might wanna clarify with them that what you’re receiving is in fact a Long Range Plus, as opposed to a Long Range? Unless they already confirmed that?

made the order the day the changes took place on Tesla’s site. Also, order agreement states long range plus and states the new wheels so there’s no reason I should worry I would be receiving anything other then that

I ordered the MSLR in red on Feb 6. Got the text on Feb 13 for delivery in 2-6 weeks . Am wondering whether they will switch over to the new wheels and badging before my car is built. Tesla rep at the showroom said that I could request a delay in my production if I wanted to be sure to get the new config, but that would require me to know when the switchover will take place. Any scuttlebutt about when the change-over will occur? Anybody heard of requesting a delay in delivery? BTW, I live in SoCal.

Also, I have received my "pre-owned" OEM dash wood modules (Obeche Matte) to replace the Home Depot plywood they call "Oak Decor". EBay to the rescue! The Obeche dash pieces look great; can't wait to pop them in ASAP after delivery. Pity to have to do that to a brand-new car - whoever chose that ugly plywood for production must have been on drugs! My wife almost cried when she saw it in the showroom. We were about to give up on ordering a new Tesla because the interior options were so limited (false economy, Elon!). Finding the Obeche Matte on EBay (~ $350) was the only thing that saved the sale.

I ordered the MSLR in red on Feb 6. Got the text on Feb 13 for delivery in 2-6 weeks . Am wondering whether they will switch over to the new wheels and badging before my car is built. Tesla rep at the showroom said that I could request a delay in my production if I wanted to be sure to get the new config, but that would require me to know when the switchover will take place. Any scuttlebutt about when the change-over will occur? Anybody heard of requesting a delay in delivery? BTW, I live in SoCal.

Also, I have received my "pre-owned" OEM dash wood modules (Obeche Matte) to replace the Home Depot plywood they call "Oak Decor". EBay to the rescue! The Obeche dash pieces look great; can't wait to pop them in ASAP after delivery. Pity to have to do that to a brand-new car - whoever chose that ugly plywood for production must have been on drugs! My wife almost cried when she saw it in the showroom. We were about to give up on ordering a new Tesla because the interior options were so limited (false economy, Elon!). Finding the Obeche Matte on EBay (~ $350) was the only thing that saved the sale.
With your order that being that close to the change date of the new range/wheels, I’m pretty sure you will get the new stuff. Highly doubt your car started production yet. I mean, if you really wanna be safe, ask for the delay of delivery and they will make a note on your account on the back in to delay delivery to whatever works for you.

Update: I called my contact, Aaron, at the showroom in Santa Barbara and he said they had just been informed that they can update an existing order to the new wheels without affecting delivery !! He also said that there will not be any new badging to reflect the "Plus" range. No word on the production date, though...... Indeed, I just checked my order online and it has been updated for the wheels and the designation to "Plus". Sometimes the system actually works. Yay!

Just ordered yesterday, after deciding to ditch the MY order and just replace our 2015 S70D.

Estimated time 4-6 weeks. Do remember that the end of the quarter is March 31, and Tesla has been hellbent to deliver LOTS of cars at the EOQ. I'm reasonably confident I'll get it by then, but if not, I can see which comes first: The MY or the MS. :cool:

Update: I called my contact, Aaron, at the showroom in Santa Barbara and he said they had just been informed that they can update an existing order... Indeed, I just checked my order online and it has been updated for the wheels and the designation to "Plus". Sometimes the system actually works. Yay!
Since I had a Tesla human contact me about insurance yesterday I also asked about a change to LRP and he did it for me too! I hope I'm not at the start of a queue again... I'm telling myself it's just a case of slapping the right wheel on at the end. Definitely that...

Reactions: FutureShock

What are you going to do with your home depot plywood panels when you replace them? I'll take them off your hands if you're going to throw them out.