TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Long Distance Comfort

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by STxTesla, Aug 25, 2012.

1. STxTesla

STxTesla Sig #1278

When I test drove the Model S I was so intrigued with the feel and style that I never really focused on the long distance comfort level.
    I did notice when I first got into the car that the seats were very comfortable. I felt that the driver side arm rest was a bit small and towards the
    back of the seat....but I do not remember it being uncomfortable. I did not think in terms of how the car would feel after a couple of hours on
    the highway, but it seems that the comfort level was very good. I was so impressed with the vehicle, the smooth ride, the acceleration and the
    fun factor of the drive that I failed to consider what the car would feel like after driving for a long drive.

The only item that I question has to do with the arm rest and whether it is big enough to provide the comfort level needed for long distance drives.

Did anyone else feel that the arm rest was perhaps a little short in length?

2. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

Did you slide the armrest forward? That helps! It also covers the cup holders :tongue:

3. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S - Sig. 283 EU

Here's the armrest, with one half forward and one half backward.

Cupholders.jpg

4. STxTesla

STxTesla Sig #1278

I didn't note that the arm rests slide. I am pretty sure that the arm rest was in the forward position.
    It just seemed small to me (first impression). I forgot about the arm rest pretty soon after I got in
    the car though....so many things to absorb.

Thanks for the pic, Fred.