Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long distance commuter about to pull the trigger on a MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can use the cable that comes with the car to plug into a (suitable) wall socket ... but ... you have to get it out every time, and then put it back in the car, and it will be wet if it has been raining.

I have a tethered connection on the wall here, so when I get home I just lift the cable off its holder and plug it in the car. If it gets wet it aint a problem as I am not taking it with me!

Reactions: Cooksomerice
I have a Bosch-supplied box connected to a 208/40 circuit, but a Tesla connector, rather than a HPWC. The connector itself cost $500, pretty steep, but avoids any hassle of adapters, in my case an important point for the other driver who only drives locally so never encounters a non-Tesla connector.

Reactions: Cooksomerice
You can use the cable that comes with the car to plug into a (suitable) wall socket ... but ... you have to get it out every time, and then put it back in the car, and it will be wet if it has been raining.

I have a tethered connection on the wall here, so when I get home I just lift the cable off its holder and plug it in the car. If it gets wet it aint a problem as I am not taking it with me!

Only if you want to take it with you... I just leave mine at home unless I'm going on a long trip.

Yes.

Whoa, good to know!
That will not be a problem.

And I say public walkway merely as a disclaimer. I know someone who charges a Nissan Leaf from their apartment by running a 110v extension cord out their window and across the sidewalk inside a control joint (to prevent tripping), but it's just a matter of time before the city figures it out or someone complains, or some still trips on it and either sues the city, the Leaf owner, or both.