Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long drive on Navigate on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did circa 150 miles mostly using NoA yesterday, include the motorways from the M25 to the Blackwall tunnel and out to the M11 on the other side as something was happening at the Dartford Bridge. Mostly it was a really solid experience, and in particular I was impressed that when a lane split in two the car would now choose one of the lanes instead of freaking out like it did before. There were a couple of wrinkles though, and I wondered If they are common?

- the car recognises changes of speed limit but (unlike my plain autopilot) doesn’t drop speed to compensate. There was a moment when I was happily barrelling along the motorway at 70 and wondered why a small 50 sign had popped up a the side of the road; and

- NoA seems to freak out if there is just a bit of rain, and drop back to standard autopilot. There were a few heavy instances, which seemed fair enough, but a brief shower seemed to trigger the same result.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I'm still new to FSD (only 3 days in) also had your experience where it backs out to normal autopilot with a light rain shower.

Am still getting used to the nag.. especially when it comes to changing lanes, a few times I jiggle the wheel at wrong time or too hard and it disengages.... :oops: when is it best/needed to jiggle the wheel? any tips appreciated!

Am still getting used to the nag.. especially when it comes to changing lanes, a few times I jiggle the wheel at wrong time or too hard and it disengages.... :oops: when is it best/needed to jiggle the wheel? any tips appreciated!

I find that pressure rather than movement works for me. I've perfected it so I only get the wipers one time in ten when indicating for a lane change :)

I really need "Cancel Lane Change" to be a voice command. Too distracting to have to nudge the screen.