Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Island, NY Supercharger locations 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island
Open
  • Islandia - 10 SC - LIE, Rt. 454
  • Plainview - 8 SC - LIE, Northern State, Rt. 135
  • Southampton - 8 SC - Southampton Bypass/North Hwy/Rt. 27
  • Valley Stream - 16 Urban SC - Sunrise Hwy
2019 Target Opening

Unknown status:
  • Bay Shore - ??? SC - Sunrise Hwy, Fire Island Ferries
  • East Hampton - ??? SC - Rt. 27
  • Little Neck/Lake Success - ??? SC - LIE
  • Manorville - ??? SC - LIE
  • Shirley - ??? SC - Sunrise Hwy
  • Wantagh - ??? SC - Southern State, Wantagh State
Future Reported Sites

Unknown status:
  • Montauk (Kirk Park Beach) - ??? SC - Rt. 27
  • Garden City (Roosevelt Field) - ??? SC - Meadowbrook Pkwy

I just found a pre-digging, utilities search&status request on behalf of Tesla for a location that could qualify as either the Wantagh or the Bay Shore supercharger. It's in between them but a bit closer to Wantagh, at the Target or QuickChek on Sunrise Highway in Copiague. Link to ticket

Address: 1147 Sunrise Hwy, Copiague, NY 11726

My guess for the exact area where the chargers would go in the parking lot is marked HERE. Given that the utilities search was called for at the end of April, it's probably worthwhile for someone local or otherwise in the area to go swing past and scope out the whole parking lot (including the rear of Target/Home Depot) to look for any active construction.

I just found a pre-digging, utilities search&status request on behalf of Tesla for a location that could qualify as either the Wantagh or the Bay Shore supercharger. It's in between them but a bit closer to Wantagh, at the Target or QuickChek on Sunrise Highway in Copiague. Link to ticket

My guess for the exact area where the chargers would go in the parking lot is marked HERE. Given that the utilities search was called for at the end of April, it's probably worthwhile for someone local or otherwise in the area to go swing past and scope out the whole parking lot (including the rear of Target/Home Depot) to look for any active construction.
Pulled this out into its own thread: Copiague, New York Supercharger

Reactions: Snow Drift and Chuq

I circled around Quick Check, Target, Home Depot, and Red Lobster.
No sign of any construction.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Open
2019 Target Opening

Unknown status:
  • Wantagh* - ??? SC - Southern State, Wantagh State *(May be Copiague, see below)
Future Reported Sites

Permit status:
  • Copiague (Target / Home Depot) - ??? SC - Sunrise Hwy
Unknown status:

RE The Little Neck supercharger:
I suspect they were/are planning it for the Fairway Shopping center, but there is a lot of 'fun' there right now. Macy's and Toys R Us are gone, Burger King is gone, and the movie theater was forced out for a Lowes. Thing is, the Lowes was supposed to be finished by now, and it isn't started, and based on the HUGE for rent signs on the former Macy's and Toys (and Lowes financials), I suspect the Lowes isn't coming, and that the owners of the shopping center want to keep everything "open" till they have a use (Rumor going around Bayside, they will buy out Fairway's lease and the other 2-3 small stores, rip the whole thing down, and a LARGE 20+ story set of Condos)

• Informative
Reactions: st50maint
RE The Little Neck supercharger:
I suspect they were/are planning it for the Fairway Shopping center, but there is a lot of 'fun' there right now. Macy's and Toys R Us are gone, Burger King is gone, and the movie theater was forced out for a Lowes. Thing is, the Lowes was supposed to be finished by now, and it isn't started, and based on the HUGE for rent signs on the former Macy's and Toys (and Lowes financials), I suspect the Lowes isn't coming, and that the owners of the shopping center want to keep everything "open" till they have a use (Rumor going around Bayside, they will buy out Fairway's lease and the other 2-3 small stores, rip the whole thing down, and a LARGE 20+ story set of Condos)
Thanks. Condos would be better than unused retail.

Update:

Copiague is now under construction. Copiague, New York Supercharger

Open

2019 Target Opening
Construction status:
  • Copiague (Target / Quickcheck) - ??? SC - Sunrise Hwy
Unknown status:
  • Wantagh* - ??? SC - Southern State, Wantagh State *(May be Copiague, see above)
Future Reported Sites
Unknown status:

Last edited:
It’s too bad that Tesla doesn’t provide more info on these upcoming sites. Like the supposed opening of a new service center in the Smithtown area, we never know if a project is delayed or abandoned.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I get the feeling the Smithtown service center is a dead issue. Some of these proposed SCs might fall in that same category.