Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long range awd non p

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
29D39DBF-C86F-4F34-A69C-25C918F245FF.jpeg
anyone excited? How fast you thinking? 4.1 seconds?

What? I thought we were told specifically we (LR AWD) didn’t get anything.

I know Elon said it but it’s weird....

And why has no one ever said a release number for this?

Are we talking 2019.5.15? 16?

7.1? 8.1?

:D

And, I just verified that tweet, no offense. Wonder why we’ve not seen this news elsewhere? Or I haven’t, lol.

What? I thought we were told specifically we (LR AWD) didn’t get anything.

I know Elon said it but it’s weird....

And why has no one ever said a release number for this?

Are we talking 2019.5.15? 16?

7.1? 8.1?

:D

And, I just verified that tweet, no offense. Wonder why we’ve not seen this news elsewhere? Or I haven’t, lol.

People have been assuming because 0-60 times didn't change for the LR AWD on the site while all others did (get lower) - that the LR AWD wasn't getting the 5%. But I simply say that's not true based on the OP's mentioned tweet, and several others by Elon, and by the Tesla official blog post. Right now we are just in a wait and see (dyno) game. The update could be delayed as so far there hasn't been any noticeable difference in 0-60 performance for this model. And there seems to be a lot of firmware versions in the works this month based on TeslaFi data. I wager it'll be here by the end of the month.

The original list did NOT include the AWD version. It was weird. Go look at the Tesla blog post as mentioned.
The original list didn't include the D in the list of impacts/outcomes of the increase. However it did mention explicitly this is across all variants.

This is entirely in line with the hypothesis that the increase is due to extending peak torque to a few mph higher point while having the same slope on the decline of that torque/rpm, and of course Tesla's long history of crafting their marketing material in an up-sell tone so that if you're buying a dual motor anyway you'll spend more to get the P.

Hope it is true! It will be great and a nice gift from Elon! I have already 2019.5.15 since a couple of days, (8 hours after I bought FSD for $2000) and I do not think it is on...
5.15 release is NOT the March 15th release. The first number is the week of the year the build is released. So the speed related build should be around 12.X or later when it is released. Teslafi does not show any releases that high to date. We probably have another month or so as Tesla/Elon time.

This is what I was going by:

2/28 Tesla blog post - "...and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles."

Was there a different earlier post?
No, I know there was a list of ‘vehicles’ and AWD was not in them. Hence this thread. :D

If they later updated that omission, great!

It would be nice if Elon had ever stated the firmware that did this. And I think we all know 5.15 was originated in early February and came out last week (after 15 versions).

I got the tweet post from another thread that was posted by someone regarding the increase to other model 3 trim line and someone asked him why no love to the LR awd non p.

Can’t wait for a little juice from uncorking LR awd non p.

Im curious... why is everyone saying "peak power" increase is = to a 0-60 increase? Is it wrong to assume that "peak power" means " top end power" (as the top speed in my Model 3 P is supposed to go from 155 to 162, that would be a "peak power" increase to me.

Where is everyone getting the idea that 0-60 is supposed to be faster, rather than wish fullfilment? I am just wondering what I am missing.

I was just about to come back to the thread and say I answered my own question, as I just got 2019.8.2 and saw those same release notes about "acceleration" as well as peak power.

I actually wasnt expecting that (I was thinking they were just increasing top end from 155 to 162 which would not impact me at all, as I dont track the car, and dont see a point when I will ever bump up against the 155 limit). I enjoy canyon carving, and acceleration, but not up to 155 lol.

Hope 8.2 power increase (including acceleration) includes LR awd non p!

I took the news as increase in acceleration to bring it closer to the LR awd p when I read it. At least that was how I interpret it.

Like other I don’t care much for 162 ceiling. I don’t drive that fast. Lol