Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long range awd non p

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im curious... why is everyone saying "peak power" increase is = to a 0-60 increase? Is it wrong to assume that "peak power" means " top end power" (as the top speed in my Model 3 P is supposed to go from 155 to 162, that would be a "peak power" increase to me.

Where is everyone getting the idea that 0-60 is supposed to be faster, rather than wish fullfilment? I am just wondering what I am missing.

Peak power on the car is at ~45 mph.

Also the 0-60 times of several models were reduced on tesla.com after the 5% announcement.... (the AWD was the only one that wasn't- which is why people mistakenly thought it wasn't getting the 5%- but that was pretty clearly just a marketing thing as Tesla has gone out of its way to dishonestly make the P look better than it really is compared to the AWD model for a while now)

The top speed thing on the P is simply allowing the motors to rev higher- that's happening long past the peak of the power curve on the car.

@jjrandorin

Do you have the Dual motor? I’ve been reading with the 8.2 release notes that the dual motors do not state a 5% increase.

I have a model 3P ( so yes, the dual motor AWD Performance version) and just got 8.2 and it specifically had the text in the screenshot @9114s posted. I have the same release notes. In fact, the release notes also mention things like sentry mode, and dog mode, and something else... that I already had in 5.15.

Peak power on the car is at ~45 mph.
That's a little off from the dyno runs we've seen. The 'peak' of the HP curve on the D is roughly 58 mph (7000rpm), albeit relatively flat before and well after. On the P the top of the HP curve is around 6100rpm, which is nearly 50mph. Torque has started to decline before this on both D & P, somewhere just under 40mph (depends on where you call the 'corner' on that), but the HP continues to climb for a while because of increasing RPM.

For the D the HP is rather steady out to at least 100mph, that one done in VA had it only 20HP off it's 370HP peak (I haven't seen anyone try to dyno past that speed?). The P's HP has a much more pronounced peak and falls a lot faster, I assume because they push the limits of same drivetrain equipment with their much higher peak power.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Mikeat00 and JBT66
No words on increase and love for LR awd non p with 8.x update yet either. I hope is comes soon.

You've got like half a dozen posts repeating the same complaint. Please turn on Chill Mode; It is being rolled out to ALL model 3's. It might be iterated in further versions beyond just the initial one. Rollouts start slow to find and fix any possible edge case issues then broader release in following versions.

Perf-increase-Musk.png

Last edited:
Non-p awd owner here, got a loaner car(Golf TSI) while replacing the glass roof.

Man have I been spoiled, I didn't realize how QUICK my Model 3 was until I got back to a gas car. I tried flooring the Golf and I was like 'Did they give me a broken car?'

It's been 1 day and I miss my car already. Hopefully the 5% increase comes soon so I can feel even more difference later.

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
Non-p awd owner here, got a loaner car(Golf TSI) while replacing the glass roof.

Man have I been spoiled, I didn't realize how QUICK my Model 3 was until I got back to a gas car. I tried flooring the Golf and I was like 'Did they give me a broken car?'

It's been 1 day and I miss my car already. Hopefully the 5% increase comes soon so I can feel even more difference later.

To be fair you're comparing a car that costs less than half what a Model 3 does...(in the US anyway)