Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Dual Motor lower than SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also been wondering about that after seeing it's almost as low as the Performance model on their configurator. The configurator shows the biggest change is from the RWD to the AWD, and then just a little lower for the Performance. My 5/19 AWD was very high, just like the configurator is showing for the RWD.

Is this a recent change that hasn't been listed?

That’s the biggest gripe i have about the website. The performance model isn’t low at all. It’s got like a 3-4 finger gap depending on your finger size. The website shows it with like UP moderate springs, which is about 1.5” drop.

I’m also curious if this is a recent change or if it was always like that. I have a Dual Motor from Feb. which doesn’t seem to be that low but I could be wrong. Maybe someone that took delivery recently would be able to measure the gap to find out.

Maybe it's the extra weight of the batteries?
Maybe that could be why it's shown that way on the website, but I believe the real question is "were the height differences always shown this way in their configurator?" or "has there been a change to the acutual height of the cars in the last few months"? I very much doubt the batteries are now heavier than when I bought my AWD.