Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Model 3 Test Drive in Northern NJ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this might sound weird but I am trying determine whether or not to get a long range Model 3. Tesla’s web site says that no test drives are available for a Model 3 currently. Weird but who knows. I live in Rutherford, NJ. Is there anyone close by who would let take their car out fir a spin. Obviously you would be in the car too. I’m thinking of selling my Long Range MY but I’d like to see what a Model 3 feels like. Anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I know this might sound weird but I am trying determine whether or not to get a long range Model 3. Tesla’s web site says that no test drives are available for a Model 3 currently. Weird but who knows. I live in Rutherford, NJ. Is there anyone close by who would let take their car out fir a spin. Obviously you would be in the car too. I’m thinking of selling my Long Range MY but I’d like to see what a Model 3 feels like. Anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Weird, there are multiple show rooms around you. Have you tried just showing up to the nearest one? I have never scheduled a test drive beforehand, and the few times I went they had all model 3 the variations to try out.

Reactions: NJEV-Don
Tesla does this stupid thing where they sell almost every demo car all at once leading up to each end-of-quarter. Then there's essentially no test drives available until they refill the demo fleets early in the next quarter.

The demo fleets should get restocked in another week or so and you'll be able to test drive the 3 and Y easily then.

(Keeping the demo fleets fresh with new cars is good of course, it's just stupid that they sell and refresh them all at once, with a weeks long gap without anything to test, instead of refreshing them in a steady stream.)

Does Tesls still have a showroom in Garden State Plaza? That's where I test drove the 3 back in 2021, sometime in the spring. Sorry I have an SR+.
They do but the website where I would go to set up a test drive tells me there are no Model 3 LR or any Model 3’s to test drive in my area. I’ve test driven my MY before I bought it and that was at the Garden State Plaza. Someone else responding to this thread said they sell all their demo cars and need to replenish them again. I will keep checking back. Maybe sor one local will reply and consider letting me drive theirs.