Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Model Y Reservation Transfer - Delivery date is for December 2021.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK, you can't transfer reservations or VINS. You can take ownership then sell it.

Not correct but the process isn’t so simple.

Transfer of VINs actually are supported by Tesla directly. The buyer needs to create a new order at the latest price at the delivery location and the VIN can be transferred to that person/order.

Transfer of reservations, possible? No, not technically. The registration info can be changed to the future buyer as a workaround.

Transfer of VINs actually are supported by Tesla directly. The buyer needs to create a new order at the latest price at the delivery location and the VIN can be transferred to that person/order.

Transfer of reservations, possible? No, not technically. The registration info can be changed to the future buyer as a workaround.

Thank you for outlining this - I've been wondering how people are 'selling' their reservations. For me, I have a model 3 performance order from January which is the equivalent of a $4000 discount.... so I was curious if I could sell that. Seems like alot of jumping through hoops with me still orchestrating the delivery but I'd have to use the buyer's information in all of the documentation...

Although we don't allow selling of reservations on our site for fraud prevention purposes, this is our understanding of how the process works too.

Hi, Is this still available? I am interested. Please PM me.
Hi, I have a Tesla Y (long-range), a white outside, black inside, reservation that will be delivered between 14-23 December.
I am willing to transfer the ownership.
Please let me know if you are interested.
Tesla Y's price is now 5k more than my reservation price.

I am interested and i m in Texas. Please let me know
Hi, I have a Tesla Y (long-range), a white outside, black inside, reservation that will be delivered between 14-23 December in Texas.
And I am asking for 4k to do the transfer :) so you will have 1 k off the actual price and get the car in December instead of Oct 2022.

Hi, I have a Tesla Y (long-range), a white outside, black inside, reservation that will be delivered between 14-23 December in Texas.
And I am asking for 4k to do the transfer :) so you will have 1 k off the actual price and get the car in December instead of Oct 2022.
You can't transfer per se... Tesla does not officially allow it.

The old owner needs to reset their registration + delivery location. The new buyer needs to add that new info, purchase the car (yeah it's still tied to the old owner), then the old owner transfers car to the new buyer.

I would NOT do this if you don't trust either party 100%

Reactions: ElectricAnt54