Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long range or Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The figure you are asking for will vary by so many factors an actual figure will do you little good. But, the performance model weighs more because of the more powerful rear motor. So driving each identically will give you slightly higher figures for the performance and more range for the LR.

The performance weighs a little over 100 pounds more so I realize that impacts things but I wonder how much energy utilization by that motor roughly more uses... ie, I have heard people say they can get a range with the performance raven pretty similar to long range if they don’t stove aggressively and just wondering how true that is.

What’s the average Wh/mile on a performance model X compared the long range Wh/mile for the new raven models? Does anyone know?

There’s nowhere that you can get an actual fleet average that I know of, and I’m not sure it’d really tell you what you wanted anyway - I suspect Performance cars tend to be driven more aggressively in most cases.

So you can go with the EPA listings, or maybe an analysis like this one that’s based on the actual EPA testing behind the ratings (and yet disagrees with the ratings to a surprising extent):

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

My anecdotal evidence, worth what you paid for it, is that my Ludicrous Raven is running 5-10% lower consumption than my X75D did in similar conditions. But I don’t know for certain how that compares to what I would have gotten with either an older 100D or a newer LR.

I believe the difference between the Performance and Long Range is trivial, but I could be wrong.