Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Plus 2021 vs Model 3 LR AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried the P100D Raven , wow what a nice car compared with a Model 3. I was impressed by the air suspension how it absorbed all the bumps even on sport setting without any drama, even with the 21” wheels mounted. The model 3 feels like a noisy gocart compared with the S. Anyway the sales guy dissapointed me when he said deliveries are pushed to March. Now I have two options, I found S75d from 2017 at good prices , interior seems the same just without the upgrades from Raven. How much the upgraded air suspension is noticeable?

Reactions: VikH
Calling Model 3 more efficient is dead wrong. Model 3 is a smaller and lighter vehicle and gives very good mileage for only carrying a 74kwh battery, however, it also sounds like a trash can with wheels when you're driving at highway speeds. I'm saying this after owning two of them since 2018. Extremely noisy and will give you a headache after long drives. Not to mention my weekly one way trip of 235 miles was too much for my Model 3 to handle and I would reach my destination with only 5-15 miles remaining. One time it even dropped to 0 miles. That does not happen in a. Model S because it's more efficient.

Model S is simply a better car-it gives more miles due to it having a bigger battery, however, it is extremely efficient and in fact way more efficient at highway speeds than my awd and performance model 3s ever were. I got a model S and make weekly drives of 235 miles one way so basically 470 miles total and I cannot emphasize on how comfortable and smooth the ride always is in a Model S. Model 3 or Y can't even come close to it.
My average wh/mile usage in 3 was around 290-320 per trip.
For Model S - it's 215-265 wh/mile on the same trip and doing 71mph at an interstate highway.

Get a 3 or Y only if you can't afford a S or X. Just because more people buy a 3 it doesn't make them better vehicles. After owning both I would never go back to a 3 or even a Y. You got kids so get something comfortable, get something that doesn't give you a headache or tinnitus due to terrible road noise. Give em the smooth comfortable and efficient ride of a S or X
exactly.....I have both a M3 and a MS (2019/2020)....you are dead on about efficiency....I rode in my brother-in-laws brand new MX last night.....WOW....great car....the seat in my opinion are better than the MS.....I have the Cyber Truck on order (tri-motor) because of the range.....if the dual motor was higher I would get that.....if I decide not to get the truck, the MX is what I would get....in 2 years, I think the MX may have a little better range.

Reactions: umair239
The 3/Y are more efficient than the S/X. Although the new H pack puts the S/X closer.

The main reason why I will likely replace my X with a Y is the level of attention (innovation) Tesla is giving the S and X. Meaning little to no attention. Why has the S and X not been given heat pump? New battery pack design? Or even chrome delete? Laminated glass? Why are the S taillights still matrix LED and not the updated tails of X, 3, Y? Some of these are really easy to implement.
You'll definitely need those updated tail lights to find you rear bumper after it flies off from driving through a small puddle.

I was at the tesla center yesterday just to take a look at colors and whatnot and was surprised to see all the new 2021 S's sitting there on a summer tire being delivered in a snow state in November. Tesla is going to make some snow tire believers out of some owners lol

• Funny
Reactions: Arctic_White
I was at the tesla center yesterday just to take a look at colors and whatnot and was surprised to see all the new 2021 S's sitting there on a summer tire being delivered in a snow state in November. Tesla is going to make some snow tire believers out of some owners lol
How was the 2021 S? Good build quality or looking a bit rushed? Any noticable difference or just the 2021 sticker?

Are you insinuating that the Model S/X do not have quality issues? I think most people would laugh at that including me as a 3 year Model X owner.

Of course not. All car makers have quality issues but what we are seeing from the M3 and Y are on another level. I can't speak to the X, just never really considered it but its a beauty. If we are advising the OP on a 3 vs a S it really is no contest based on quality of build and other points already mentioned. Would you not agree?

One thing I haven’t seen a lot of discussion around is the target market for these cars. M3 was designed to get the price down, essentially try and introduce an ‘economy’ version of a luxury brand. Which takes me to the S\X... these are pure luxury cars. Bigger, quieter, and more expensive.

Note: this isn’t to say one is better or worse, just different. See Honda Civic v Honda Accord for details. Or, BMW 2 series versus 5 series... different strokes for different folks.

• Love
Reactions: umair239
Tried the P100D Raven , wow what a nice car compared with a Model 3. I was impressed by the air suspension how it absorbed all the bumps even on sport setting without any drama, even with the 21” wheels mounted. The model 3 feels like a noisy gocart compared with the S. Anyway the sales guy dissapointed me when he said deliveries are pushed to March. Now I have two options, I found S75d from 2017 at good prices , interior seems the same just without the upgrades from Raven. How much the upgraded air suspension is noticeable?
Raven
One thing I haven’t seen a lot of discussion around is the target market for these cars. M3 was designed to get the price down, essentially try and introduce an ‘economy’ version of a luxury brand. Which takes me to the S\X... these are pure luxury cars. Bigger, quieter, and more expensive.

Note: this isn’t to say one is better or worse, just different. See Honda Civic v Honda Accord for details. Or, BMW 2 series versus 5 series... different strokes for different folks.

Except one is better than the other lol

Reactions: popgodazipa