Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the revision code of the battery is that significant, but it would be nice to be able to list the changes from one revision to the next. For instance, my G battery car can accept up to 250KW charge from a supercharger. Just a few months earlier, and in the same model year, the MS Long Range could not accept that charge. Also, my car accepts CCS adapters. Very early 2020 model cars with G battery do not support CCS.

I have read that if you need a new battery, it must be the same revision or greater of your old battery.

I must check under mine to see what revision I have. Early 2020, no CCS but clams to be a LR+. I'm sure I've seen charge speeds over 200kw too.

When I was looking I actively didn't want some of the later range-enhancing 'refinements' - ie the Tempest wheels with their plastic covers, and the later seats without adjustable headrests.

Wait, what? They removed the adjustment for the headrests in the model S?
I'm very tall, and that head rest doesn't go high enough for me as it is. :(
I may be misinformed. But my understanding was that when they brought seat production in-house - per the post linked to by @DerbyDave on the previous page - they removed the vertical headrest adjustment. Can't find where I read that though.

I am 6'4" and the fixed, built-in headrest hits my head just where it should -- where it bulges to make room for the extra brains. :)
I am 6'7" and need to raise the headrest to its max height, or the base of it annoyingly hits the base of my neck / top of my spine (c7 area). Even then I'd prefer it to go a little higher still.
I may be misinformed. But my understanding was that when they brought seat production in-house - per the post linked to by @DerbyDave on the previous page - they removed the vertical headrest adjustment. Can't find where I read that though.
AIUI, they brought seat production in house ages ago - like in 2015 or so.

@JimmyB and @DerbyDave would you mind checking your option codes to see which option code battery you have? I think you both confirmed a "G" battery, I'm just wondering which option code this corresponds to, since online cpo listings don't show the battery as H vs G; all they show is the option code. TIA!
EDIT: if you don't know how to find your option codes, It's pretty easy ...
Go to your account web page on a computer (not phone app), click 'manage' under the car in question.
Then, using your browser view the web page source code (for chrome and FF this is done via CTRL-U)
Use the find function (CTRL-F) to search for "BTX" and you should find your battery code (BTX9, BTXA, BTXB, etc.)
I've seen LR+ samples with 402 mi rated range, with the BTX9 (the older of these three 100kWh batteries) and BTXA. But 405mi range LR+ ravens all seem to have the BTXB. I've seen some 373mi ravens with a BTX6 100kWh battery, which I think is the o.g. 100D battery.

Last edited:
My search shows no BTX found.
options=$MDLS,$MTS05,$PPMR,$RFFR,$WTD2,$INB3C,$PI01,$APF2,$APBS,$SC05,$CPF1
Huh. Interesting. That's a really short list of options.
1666223475175.png

Posting this for anyone who comes across this thread and may find useful. I am early on in my journey of nerd-learning about Tesla S specs. I just got a 2020 red Model S, Long Range Plus (built 05/2020). The passenger front wheel well sticker shows my last letter is "F". Based on this link I'm including, it would seem to be a BTX9 battery. I think there were comparatively much fewer BTXA/B versions (last few Raven LR+ prior to the Plaid/LR refresh). Mine shows max range in the 370's, but my on-board computer is also calibrated for the 21" Twin Turbine wheels since factory.

I am interested to see if the range estimate with hit 390's once I switch to 19" or 20" rims. I am planning to get either Signature SV104 or Model+ RZ21 (BC) wheels elsewhere on forums. Adapting to all this over-estimated range is new for me. I went with the Long Range PLUS for maximum range, but still hitting 200-250's actual miles. I am in Ohio and it's pretty cold right now too, so hopefully this is the worst range I'll see.

Battery health in Tessie shows I'm around 91% health. Pretty good I think, considering I bought it used (model year 2020) with 51K miles.

The above link charts out the different Battery versions, by model year/iteration. The Raven LR's (prior to the software and hardware additions that eventually became Long Range PLUS) were BTX6 .. that is the o.g. 100D / P100D (+/- ludicrous) battery. Then the Long Range PLUS (100kwh) Battery is BTX9, until June 2020 builds, at which point it looked like those became BTXA.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I was looking for a used Long Range Plus recently and I was using the build dates from the web site below as a guide. This site says February 2020 to December 2020 but I have seen a few cars for sale with build dates before February 2020 and their software screens say "Long Range Plus" but I have also seen some that just say "Long Range" so I'm very confused. Was there a software update or something that "transformed" some Long Range cars to Long Range Plus?

About May or June 2020, cars became long range plus. They also have capability to fully use the 250KW Superchargers. The range went up to 403 miles. I am not certain if the CCS adapter capability was available before these dates, but mine with a June 2020 build date had that as well.

what that article talks about is the start of the >400-mile range, which was not the start of the LR+ model designation. LR+ were available with range somewhere in the 370mi ballpark (I forget how much exactly) before the 402mi range was released. They didn't change the model designation. So @tnixa could have seen a Feb 2020 LR+, it just wouldn't have the 400+ mi range.

Reactions: RedLeaderXI