Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range vs Performance(Ludi) suspension setting has to be low??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my used search the difference appears to be about 10k. In terms of a high end ICE going from a v6-v8 this would be the same cost. But I want to get what I will be happy with.

The thing that is concerning is when people mention the LR would need to be in very low suspension in order to have decent acceleration, is this true? What kind of time differences are we talking about? Ideally I would be in comfort or standard and not low riding, I like ride quality and comfort but I do like Quickness of course. They were stating 0-60 on the LR of over 5 seconds if not correctly set up.. and that's not acceptable to me.. the 4.4 probably would be fine though.

When they refer to this are they talking about off the line or just in general or what? I'm pretty confused here. If it was something specific maybe I wouldn't care about that. I have driven a normal LR but never the Ludi or a performance. I read about Ludi and I would be fine just daily driving it like that it sounds like. The extra range is not a selling point for me either. Mainly just wondering what they were referencing.

I have a 2017 "Ludi+" as I guess you would call it.

I have used Ludicrous mode in most heights, BUT in the upper heights the rear wheels will hop. It will do damage, so I am told so I don't use ludocrous mode there.

The suspension is set up for better performance in lower heights. Best at the lower 2 height settings from what Tesla techs have told me.

EDIT - You realize that you can manually adjust the modes.and the ride heights, and that there is no reason to "live" in Ludicrous Plus mode.

Tesla rides great and looks great when running at lower suspension settings. If you want to optimize performance you can just set your car to stay at those settings. If you wish, of course you can raise it up at any time.

With Tesla is is more like going from a strong V8 to a Supercharged V-12. Thrust is quite amazing.

What you are talking about is not "decent acceleration, but world class outstanding acceleration. Latest Launch Mode gives 0-60 times of around 2.3 seconds on the performance models.

For average driving around, your long range would most always make you the fasted car on your street.

In addition to this, the instant acceleration you would get from an electric car allows you to dominate most all performance vehicles. Before they can get their cars down shifted, and their turbos spooled up...you are gone.

Driving a high performance Tesla will open your eyes...WIDE!

So it goes Standard, Performance, Ludi, Ludi+? I figured I would just stay in Ludi mode if I had it. If I set this same car set to Standard drive mode would it be the same as a Long range model 0-60?

I don't understand why I read LR would have to set ride height low to get the performance.. Do Performance/Ludi model cars also have to set it lower or not so much? Any detailed explanation would really help make up my mind. thank you!

Basically I want the performance ability of Ludi but without sacrificing ride height/quality..does the ride quality go down when you lower it I assume. But if the LR also was the same. I just don't understand why I was reading some conflicting reports.. and say a 0-60 of above 5 seconds isnt very good for the LR IMO from what some posted..

Definitely sounds like I'll be going 20's either way:) Thanks guys

So I set my performance Ludicrous model x to Always Low as suggested.

Does setting it to sport or standard also effect acceleration on the Ride comfort setting? Ideally I would leave this on comfort or standard! Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
So I set my performance Ludicrous model x to Always Low as suggested. I do feel some shudder when I have it on Comfort. Now my question is does setting it to sport or standard also effect acceleration on the ride comfort side of things? This setting? Ideally I would leave this on comfort or standard.!! Thanks for any help.

Aren't the cars set to automatically go to low ride height at highway speed? Regardless I have mine set to low and have not noticed any ride issues. And yes, low does help reduce the shudder you feel at higher heights.

Aren't the cars set to automatically go to low ride height at highway speed? Regardless I have mine set to low and have not noticed any ride issues. And yes, low does help reduce the shudder you fell at higher heights.

Thanks-so is this ride comfort setting on the adaptive suspension completely separate? Sport,standard,comfort?