Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range vs Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have the money, just go with Performance. You won’t regret the acceleration.
As mentioned above, you have to set the suspension to very low to get any where under 5 second 0-60 acceleration on the LR. Otherwise, you’re at 5.5s, which is an eternity and more compared to the under 3.0s of the ludicrous trim.

The extra 20 or so miles is only going to come into play when you are traveling long distances and charge to 100%. How often will you do that?

Reactions: Green_Light
I think it's just MX with adjustable suspension.

Here's the link for range comparison Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com
I’ll chime in again on this table that keeps being tossed around. I have no idea how they came up with it... I have a Raven LR and have no problem at all hitting more than 325 going 65, assuming it’s not hilly or windy. Going 70, it’s between 320 and 325. As far as I can tell that table is questionable at best. Like what’s the sample size and other driving conditions? Same route? I doubt the value in it would pass any kinds of statistically litmus test...

Reactions: mswlogo
Ok Ok, my bad in throwing it in. Few people mentioned it here in topics so I thought it is well trusted. And I don't even have a Tesla to compare (still waiting on my order) :) So I'll probably just keep quite and let actual owners chime in about LR vs performance actual range

I’ll chime in again on this table that keeps being tossed around. I have no idea how they came up with it... I have a Raven LR and have no problem at all hitting more than 325 going 65, assuming it’s not hilly or windy. Going 70, it’s between 320 and 325. As far as I can tell that table is questionable at best. Like what’s the sample size and other driving conditions? Same route? I doubt the value in it would pass any kinds of statistically litmus test...

If I understand correctly reading the link the EPA rating is a "mixed" rating and the author's table is basically a Highway Only rating.

The EPA rating, is the EPA rating, period.

I'll do 300 miles highway (mostly 65 mph) on the weekend and 50 miles of non highway on short commute and average around 270 (it's creeping up lately with needing some heat).

Okay, I went to Tesla in SLC yesterday and test drove a MX LR. I really felt the difference in weight and acceleration compared to my MS 90D. Unfortunately, they didn't have a MX P in stock, but I'm fairly certain I'm going to get that one. The MX felt heavier and more sluggish compared to what I'm used to with the MS, and I think having the extra performance would help it to feel more like what I've been used to.

We have a LR RWD Model 3 and a Performance X. Wish we had it swapped. The X is our road trip car, and the 3 is my daily driver through windy roads. If you can afford two, get a LR X and a P3D lol
Literally what I’m thinking of doing. We sold the S and might get an X. We also have a long range dual motor 3. But thinking trading that in for a performance 3 and the X replacing the S. :)