Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long startup times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when I get into my car the touch screen is off and everything is unresponsive. Shifting into drive doesn't do anything, tapping on the touch screen doesn't do anything, stepping on the brake doesn't do anything. This afternoon the situation resolved itself after a minute of tapping almost everything.

Also, do your cars seem to take forever to wake up from the app? Our app sees the MX from the app almost immediately.

Sometimes when I get into my car the touch screen is off and everything is unresponsive. Shifting into drive doesn't do anything, tapping on the touch screen doesn't do anything, stepping on the brake doesn't do anything. This afternoon the situation resolved itself after a minute of tapping almost everything.

Also, do your cars seem to take forever to wake up from the app? Our app sees the MX from the app almost immediately.
I expect that even if you don't think that shifting into drive does something, it actually is. Try the accelerator to see if it works.

What's probably happening is that the display computer is rebooting, the drive computers are still happy