TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Long startup times

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by UnitaryExecutive, Oct 10, 2018.

1. UnitaryExecutive

Sometimes when I get into my car the touch screen is off and everything is unresponsive. Shifting into drive doesn't do anything, tapping on the touch screen doesn't do anything, stepping on the brake doesn't do anything. This afternoon the situation resolved itself after a minute of tapping almost everything.

Also, do your cars seem to take forever to wake up from the app? Our app sees the MX from the app almost immediately.

2. outie

outie Active Member

You probably have the same issue with @MXWing. Not sure what the issue is. My screen turns on immediately after opening the door.

As for the app yes mine takes forever to wake up from the App. The X wakes up much faster.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Ditto

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I expect that even if you don't think that shifting into drive does something, it actually is. Try the accelerator to see if it works.

What's probably happening is that the display computer is rebooting, the drive computers are still happy

5. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Yeah there are long threads about this. I have the same issue. Search for screen black. Some believe it is the module that needs replacing. You can drive on it, just the screen will be black for about 30 sec to 1 minute.

6. astrowunder

astrowunder Member

I had this happen to me for the first time today. I rebooted the screen. Several times driving today it was fine after the restart- turns on when I open the door.