Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long term eMPG

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JJBOSTON

MS Long Range
Nov 30, 2019
Boston
In my previous (ICE and Hybrid) cars there has always been a way to see long term MPG (or eMPG) vs. trip based or since last charge ... we used it mainly as a bit of an efficiency contest to see how high we could get the number - am I missing where that info is located on the Tesla or is Tesla missing that info?

Tesla doesn’t relate things back to gallons of dead dinosaurs.

All of the trip odometers carry efficiency in Wh/mile or per km, which you can relate back to gallons if you feel the need.

They reset mine on delivery unfortunately, but I renamed one trip as “lifetime” and don’t reset it, so I have long term efficiency data.

On the S and X you can choose the trips as a pane for the left or right side of the cluster and pick which ones you want to show; on all the cars they are available in the menus.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I ain't looking for gallons necessarily - I'm looking for TOTAL long range driving efficiency statistics.
If you just go to Trips, you should be able to see all of the odometers and there should be one indicating the average Wh/mile, total miles, total kWh used, etc. You can also see stats since last charge, for the current trip and the Trip A and B odometers (which you can rename).

On my S90D, I was around 290 Wh/mile over 32000 miles. On my S100D, I'm at 314 Wh/mile over 40000 miles.

Wh/mile is different from eMPG as you'll want to brag about getting the lowest Wh/mile numbers instead of the highest.

Reactions: jmaddr and JJBOSTON