TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Long term eMPG

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JJBOSTON, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JJBOSTON

JJBOSTON MS Long Range

In my previous (ICE and Hybrid) cars there has always been a way to see long term MPG (or eMPG) vs. trip based or since last charge ... we used it mainly as a bit of an efficiency contest to see how high we could get the number - am I missing where that info is located on the Tesla or is Tesla missing that info?

2. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Tesla doesn’t relate things back to gallons of dead dinosaurs.

All of the trip odometers carry efficiency in Wh/mile or per km, which you can relate back to gallons if you feel the need.

They reset mine on delivery unfortunately, but I renamed one trip as “lifetime” and don’t reset it, so I have long term efficiency data.

On the S and X you can choose the trips as a pane for the left or right side of the cluster and pick which ones you want to show; on all the cars they are available in the menus.

• Like x 1
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Some folks dedicate one of their odometers to it.

But it varies so greatly dependent on the time of year.

4. JJBOSTON

JJBOSTON MS Long Range

I ain't looking for gallons necessarily - I'm looking for TOTAL long range driving efficiency statistics.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.48.35.5

If you just go to Trips, you should be able to see all of the odometers and there should be one indicating the average Wh/mile, total miles, total kWh used, etc. You can also see stats since last charge, for the current trip and the Trip A and B odometers (which you can rename).

On my S90D, I was around 290 Wh/mile over 32000 miles. On my S100D, I'm at 314 Wh/mile over 40000 miles.

Wh/mile is different from eMPG as you'll want to brag about getting the lowest Wh/mile numbers instead of the highest.

• Like x 2