Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long-term Model 3 demand

What is the long-term annual demand level for Model 3

• 500k or less

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • 500k to 1m

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • 1m to 2m

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • 2m to 3m

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • 3m to 4m

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 4m to 5m

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 5m to 6m

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 6m to 7m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7m to 8m

• 8m to 9m

• 9m to 10m

• 10m or more

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming a plant in Europe and China - both producing 200,000 a year plus 250,000 ex Fremont = 650,000 per annum.
Five year's production = 3.25 million.

By that time, serious competitors may emerge..and the technology may change to make the Model 3 less attractive..

Demand will remain strong until the Model Y appears and then it will taper off. Same thing will happen again to the Model Y when the Tesla pickup truck arrives.

Annual global vehicle sales are approaching 100 million, no other automaker has even started building their own GWh+ battery manufacturing facilities, and the three products you mentioned can grow for many, many years before global demand is satisfied, not to even mention that they appeal to different consumer segments.

This can help put things into perspective. http://www.carmag.co.za/news/industry-news/25-best-selling-vehicles-in-the-world-in-2017/
jato.jpg

So it is a pretty big deal just for Model 3 to make it into the Top 25 Models list, a range of 500k to 1M per year. I think the Model 3 can do this. But to go beyond 1M is quite an extraordinary feat. I'd love to see the Model 3 beat out the F-Series.

Truth be told, ValueAnalyst tends to be quite optimistic in his/her poll options ;)
ya no doubt, i was looking to see something like under 100k, 100k to 300k, 300k -500k, or 500k plus

Then BAM! Those options right to the face. He got me. I seriously do like people here, lot of optimism that makes me think there is good in this world. Everyone seems to have their heart in the right place, you are backing the right ideas, but the wrong guy/company.

This can help put things into perspective. 25 best-selling vehicles in the world in 2017... - CAR magazine
jato.jpg

So it is a pretty big deal just for Model 3 to make it into the Top 25 Models list, a range of 500k to 1M per year. I think the Model 3 can do this. But to go beyond 1M is quite an extraordinary feat. I'd love to see the Model 3 beat out the F-Series.
bro, someone says its going to beat it 10 fold

just book it now

This can help put things into perspective. 25 best-selling vehicles in the world in 2017... - CAR magazine
jato.jpg

Thanks! Do you also have a comparison of how many Nokia/Motorola/Blackberry used to produce vs. Apple's 200+ million today?

Reactions: Olle and bate
Thanks! Do you also have a comparison of how many Nokia/Motorola/Blackberry used to produce vs. Apple's 200+ million today?
No. I'll let you pull up that data. I do think that looking at sales by brand is more relevant to that sort of comparison. As Tesla rounds out their portfolio with Model Y and a pickup truck, I think were are looking at a Top 10 Brand, >2.5M. It looks like Geely could be the one to beat.

Reactions: neroden