TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Long Term Owners - Issues w Interior/Exterior?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ramesses, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ramesses

ramesses Member

I'm scheduled to pick up a used '15 P85D (38k miles, pearl white, 19" cyclone wheels, pano roof, spoiler, premium interior, grey next gen seats, white headliner, piano black trim, center console upgrade, LTE upgrade) from the delivery center this coming week and will have the opportunity to inspect the vehicle prior to accepting delivery. Dropbox link for pictures here.

I'm told that all mechanical issues have been resolved and, if they haven't been, then they will be covered under warranty. Cosmetic issues, however, will not be addressed - I imagine these are issues such as wear and degradation of the interior and exterior components of the vehicle. Because Tesla will not remedy any of these issues after I accept delivery, I'd like to make sure that I'm aware of them by conducting a thorough inspection prior to acceptance.

For those of you long term MS owners, what interior/exterior issues have you noticed/dealt with in your vehicles that I should particularly be on the look out for when I inspect this three year old vehicle prior to accepting delivery?

2. joefee

joefee 3M+ page views on TMC Threads

No issues with my 2012 Sig. Ask for service records and make sure all program fixes have been done.

3. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

Check all the electrics and glass carefully. And don’t forget to ask for the alignment specs.

4. David99

David99 Active Member

My car is a 2014 with 160k miles. It is definitely true that most issues will pop up right away and should be fixed. I don't have any serious issues. Small rattles here and there. One door handle seems to have a failed pressure sensor but it doesn't affect opening the door so I never bothered fixing it. The textile seats have been holding up really well! Overall I'm actually really happy how well everything is holding up. The only repair I had so far was a valve for $300. I also had the 12 Volt battery replaced recently but it was kind of my own fault. Otherwise it would have lasted longer.

Since the battery and DU have unlimited miles warranty for 8 years you don't have to worry about these expensive parts. Check the screens for bubbles.

5. Exiom

Exiom Member

On my 2015 P85... I have the white headliner alcantara fabric detaching from the hard shell of the A & B pillar... however Tesla is replacing those for me under warranty

So maybe you want to look at those... but I suppose this isn't a wear issue but a workmanship issue