Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Term Owners - Issues w Interior/Exterior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pick up a used '15 P85D (38k miles, pearl white, 19" cyclone wheels, pano roof, spoiler, premium interior, grey next gen seats, white headliner, piano black trim, center console upgrade, LTE upgrade) from the delivery center this coming week and will have the opportunity to inspect the vehicle prior to accepting delivery. Dropbox link for pictures here.

I'm told that all mechanical issues have been resolved and, if they haven't been, then they will be covered under warranty. Cosmetic issues, however, will not be addressed - I imagine these are issues such as wear and degradation of the interior and exterior components of the vehicle. Because Tesla will not remedy any of these issues after I accept delivery, I'd like to make sure that I'm aware of them by conducting a thorough inspection prior to acceptance.

For those of you long term MS owners, what interior/exterior issues have you noticed/dealt with in your vehicles that I should particularly be on the look out for when I inspect this three year old vehicle prior to accepting delivery?

My car is a 2014 with 160k miles. It is definitely true that most issues will pop up right away and should be fixed. I don't have any serious issues. Small rattles here and there. One door handle seems to have a failed pressure sensor but it doesn't affect opening the door so I never bothered fixing it. The textile seats have been holding up really well! Overall I'm actually really happy how well everything is holding up. The only repair I had so far was a valve for $300. I also had the 12 Volt battery replaced recently but it was kind of my own fault. Otherwise it would have lasted longer.

Since the battery and DU have unlimited miles warranty for 8 years you don't have to worry about these expensive parts. Check the screens for bubbles.

On my 2015 P85... I have the white headliner alcantara fabric detaching from the hard shell of the A & B pillar... however Tesla is replacing those for me under warranty

So maybe you want to look at those... but I suppose this isn't a wear issue but a workmanship issue